25 Patch Stars Quilt

Old March 30th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default 25 Patch Stars Quilt

Found this in Connecting Threads flyer like two years ago and graphed it out only to find it on www.quiltercache.com Think it is under the A's. It is 15 inch blocks. I am using different colors in each block for the first row and then moving the blocks around so they are not in the same place each row. You can make this quilt as large as you want by just adding more blocks. Since the blocks has 8 half squares I am going to add sashing, then just add a binding. If I have enough material of one color I may then add an outer border. Also used smaller prints than normal and made my half squares as I got to each different colored block. Think you should lay the pieces to the block out first before sewing, then sew one row at a time because of the positioning of the half squares. Hope some of you will try this quilt. Think it will make a pretty one.
Sandy$
Old March 30th 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

On 03/30/2017 09:13 AM, wrote:
Found this in Connecting Threads flyer like two years ago and graphed it out only to find it on
www.quiltercache.com Think it is under the A's.
I think you forgot an "S" in the original link, so here is a direct link
(I think): http://www.quilterscache.com/T/TwentyFivePatchStar.html.
Looks pretty neat, and also looks "deceptively simple," and what I mean
by that is that each block is complex-looking, but the sub-blocks are
just basic solid blocks and half-square triangles arranged in a "fancy"
pattern.

--
My Yonkoma: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0...57680223526176

The E-mail associated with the account is a "spamcatcher" account that I
got to every couple of months to empty out, and anything sent to it will
not be seen for probably several months, if it is seen at all.
Brian Christiansen
Old April 3rd 17, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Thanks you for your help on my quilt. I just wish I knew more about computers and how to do things.
Sandy$
Old April 3rd 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Forgot to tell you how cute the cartoons are. The sayings were right on.
Sandy$
P.S. Did you ever get those white wide pants made?

Pink 4-Patch Posie Quilt joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 28 May 16th 08 05:58 PM
My Latest Quilt...Funky Stars The Brown Family Quilting 51 July 28th 05 05:16 PM
Crazy patch Quilt SC Quilting 3 April 4th 04 12:06 AM
Nine patch quilt blocks Beth Pierce Quilting 1 November 1st 03 03:41 PM
The Trudy Hughes 9-patch heart quilt MerryStahel Quilting 6 September 16th 03 12:58 PM