polymer clay mosaic instruments

Old June 8th 05, 05:31 PM
Sarajane Helm

Default polymer clay mosaic instruments

hi all! there's a new edition of the Bead Bugle out and an article about
beaded instruments there by me...click on the pic to read the whole article
once you are there. http://www.beadbugle.com

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

Old June 9th 05, 09:24 AM
Miracle Smith

Sarajane Helm wrote:
hi all! there's a new edition of the Bead Bugle out and an article
about beaded instruments there by me...click on the pic to read the
whole article once you are there. http://www.beadbugle.com

I am *so* glad to see that you've continued to cover these!
I'm trying to acquire an old metal sewing machine, for simple
crafting that I can tote around, and now I'm wondering if I can
cover it with clay!
It should be easy- remove the belts and wiring, and the rest
should be all metal. Of course, I would only cover the outside
where nothing moves- I'd like to be able to use it.

Have you covered a sewing machine yet, Sarajane?

--
^,,^ Miracle

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old June 9th 05, 04:21 PM
Sarajane Helm

nope, havent done a sewing machine, Miracle. I thinkit'd be beautiful---but
also maybe kinda snaggy of threads. My sewing machine and I grew up
together, my mom got it the year after she got ME, and I've used it to make
a LOT of things, and its a great tool; an old Singer made back in the days
of metal parts. Now, what'd be beautiful AND still totally workable is to
cover the cover!

I'm also still gonna encrust my computer monitor or a cover that goes
over---just glue to the monitor would be easier, but we'll see..other
projects first! Bryan is going to do his electric lapsteel guitar, and it'll
still play if we leave the strings and fret areas alone.

--
"Miracle Smith" wrote in message
Sarajane Helm wrote:
hi all! there's a new edition of the Bead Bugle out and an article
about beaded instruments there by me...click on the pic to read the
whole article once you are there. http://www.beadbugle.com

I am *so* glad to see that you've continued to cover these!
I'm trying to acquire an old metal sewing machine, for simple
crafting that I can tote around, and now I'm wondering if I can
cover it with clay!
It should be easy- remove the belts and wiring, and the rest
should be all metal. Of course, I would only cover the outside
where nothing moves- I'd like to be able to use it.

Have you covered a sewing machine yet, Sarajane?

--
^,,^ Miracle

http://www.uncensored-news.com
The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old June 9th 05, 06:29 PM
Diana Curtis

Ive often thought it would look nice to cover a monitor face with cane
slices.. just sample pieces, cut just for this purpose. It could look
quite nice or quite chaotic.
What sort of glue do you suppose would work the best?
Diana

Old June 9th 05, 08:31 PM
Sarajane Helm

plastic to plastic means superglues...the cyano-acrylates. I've started
using Zapagap and I like it---so far the bottle hasnt glued itself shut yet,
a constant problem with some....

Old June 11th 05, 09:45 AM
Miracle Smith

Sarajane Helm wrote:
nope, havent done a sewing machine, Miracle. I thinkit'd be
beautiful---but also maybe kinda snaggy of threads. My sewing machine
and I grew up together, my mom got it the year after she got ME, and
I've used it to make a LOT of things, and its a great tool; an old
Singer made back in the days of metal parts. Now, what'd be beautiful
AND still totally workable is to cover the cover!

I'm also still gonna encrust my computer monitor or a cover that goes
over---just glue to the monitor would be easier, but we'll see..other
projects first! Bryan is going to do his electric lapsteel guitar,
and it'll still play if we leave the strings and fret areas alone.

Ah, see, I got to thinking about it, so now I'm after one of
the Singers with the wooden case! I'm bidding on 3, so surely
I'll end up with one of them. I wish I had asked Grandmother
for her machine- my mother never had one, so it would be nice
to have Grandmother's.
The last time I saw her, she asked me what I wanted, and I
told her "nothing". slaps forehead

Anyway, the ones I'm bidding on have the rounded wood top
cover, so there are many options for designs, since the design could
"travel" smoothly from one side to the other.

Now, I wonder about old metal toasters.........