English please?

Old February 27th 04, 02:45 AM
jk

Default English please?

So I have an appointment with in interesting bunch of folks today that I
thought you'd get a chuckle out of. About 3 years ago I was commissioned to
do a large restoration on a bunch of original Jacque Gruber, Daum Nancy
France 1914, SG windows. I fixed and engineered all that I could that didn't
need the glass. I obtained a close texture from Kokomo, but it wasn't good
enough. I emailed, and phoned every glass maker in the entire world, with no
luck. You see the client is Russian oil, and money was no object on this
one. It's now a year later and they hired this Russian engineering "genius"
to figure out how to get this done for us. He's been in Russia working on
this now for 2 years! You can't make this stuff up. He found a small
factory, and had a machinist hand make a steel drum to roll over the warm
glass. These people had ZERO glass experience, so they had to teach
themselves every step of the way. They experimented with color, texture,
opacity, etc... and sent me samples every few months.
Sorry to be so long...... My contact here, the office manager, calls to
tell me it looks good and it's ready. I ask if anybody tested it for
cutability. They freak out. What's that? I tell them. No one there knows
anything about actually cutting glass! It's now 3 years, and I've had these
babies in my back room waiting to get fixed.
He flies to NYC today, (he speaks no english at all), with his personal
interpretor to hand deliver the glass to me, to see if I can cut it. He and
his spanish speaking chauffeur carry in 2 large crates of glass. (I needed
about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

--
JK Sinrod NY
Sinrod Stained Glass

Old February 28th 04, 04:59 AM
Cheryl

hysterical - and how lucky it was that you could cut it !!!

He flies to NYC today, (he speaks no english at all), with his personal
interpretor to hand deliver the glass to me, to see if I can cut it. He and
his spanish speaking chauffeur carry in 2 large crates of glass. /snipr....
she tells him in Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!
Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old February 28th 04, 07:00 PM
paai

jk wrote:

about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

Old February 28th 04, 09:04 PM
nJb

paai wrote:

jk wrote:

about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

Put the cross down, it wasn't your fault
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Old February 28th 04, 11:03 PM
Javahut

"paai" wrote in message
jk wrote:

about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in

Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT

WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

Do you ALWAYS have a chip on your shoulder? Do you not see humor in
anything?
can't you envision that situation in your own setting, and not find humor
in it?

Old February 28th 04, 11:51 PM
Moonraker

"paai" wrote in message
jk wrote:

about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in

Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT

WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

Try, for once, making a comment that makes any sense at all. "American" is
a NATIONALITY, not a race.

"A word to the wise is unnecessary. It's the stupid people you have warn."

Old February 29th 04, 12:34 AM
jk

"paai" wrote in message
jk wrote:

about 3 square feet). He speaks, the interpretor speaks, I say excuse me
cause her accent is so thick..... I answer.... she tells him in

Russian,
the secretary is babbling english, the driver is babbling spanish.... IT

WAS
HYSTERICAL. The glass was fine by the way. Only in America folks!

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

Apology accepted...

Old February 29th 04, 12:43 AM
Randy

We of the lesser races apologize for not being American...

You should have said " we with lesser minds"