Quiltcut

Old July 3rd 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edward W. Thompson

Default Quiltcut

Has anyone any experience/comments concerning 'Quitcut'? From
articles on the 'net' it appears to be a 'must have' device but there
seems to be very little real life information from those that use it.

It also appears that many who initially stocked the device now list it
as 'discontinued'. Is there a hidden 'catch' or doesn't the product
live up to its apparent usefulness?

The comments of any who have experience of the device would be
helpful.
Old July 3rd 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Are you talking about the Alto Quilt Cut? If so, don't waste your
money. I have the first version and don't know if the second is much
better. I ended up not being able to use their measurements as it was
far from accurate so had to use a ruler all the time any way. Also,
the cutting bar had wobble to it that couldn't be tightened out.

Linda
PATChogue, NY

Old July 3rd 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Opinions from the past, this group, quiltcut:
http://tinyurl.com/hncba

some seem to have it:
http://www.freequiltingblocksandsupp.../051_01qc.html
http://tinyurl.com/n8le7
No affiliation, thanks.

Kinda' pricey.

""must have"? I don't think so. But I've only been quilting
for 30+ years; Your Mileage May Vary --YMMV.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old July 3rd 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr

If you are referring to the Alto's Quiltcut2, it is wonderful. I have never
had any problems with it, and everything is very stable. I know several
people in my guild also have it, in fact, three members puchased it last
week at our quilt show.

Sherry Starr

Old July 4th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edward W. Thompson

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote:

Has anyone any experience/comments concerning 'Quitcut'? From
articles on the 'net' it appears to be a 'must have' device but there
seems to be very little real life information from those that use it.

It also appears that many who initially stocked the device now list it
as 'discontinued'. Is there a hidden 'catch' or doesn't the product
live up to its apparent usefulness?

The comments of any who have experience of the device would be
helpful.

Am not sure what 30+ years experience has to do with my question or
was it a simple 'put down'? I guess as you haven't used the 'device'
your comments are irrelevant.

I appears from those that have experience of the Alto Quiltcut, most
love it but it is rather 'pricey'! One comment on the downside seemed
to relate to a loose ruler which seems to be a defect rather than
relating to the efficiency of the device. I don't understand why the
machine wasn't returned.

Anyway thanks to all for your responses. When the piggy bank has some
excess funds I think Quiltcut might be a possibility, among all the
others, of course :-)!
Old July 4th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Darlin', you asked for comments,
and you also asked if this item is a " 'must have' device."
I replied w/ the link to check what others here have said about
the Quiltcut, for and against, and indicated that in my 30+ yrs.
experience of quilting it has not been a " 'must have' device."
Bless your heart, getting what you asked for doesn't seem to
have satisfied your quest for info.
Other reviews:
http://www.quiltersreview.com/articl...uct/030106_a.a
sp

http://www.quiltcut.com/testimonials...es&reviews.htm

http://tinyurl.com/fq6h9

Ragmop/Sandy 8-

Old July 4th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

heehee,
i read back thru u'r reply Sandy and i can see how if one doesnt know you
here well then tis possible to misread u'r reply.
i guess i've been reading you enough yrs here to know how you meant it.
i've see the altocut but for me too tis too expensive.
heck i use empty cereal boxes as templates for applique and to wrap my
embroidery floss around as well.
tis my scottish blood i think and the fact stuff here in nz cost twice and
then some more than in usa.
i cant see the point in spending money on stuff i can work without and save
the money for fabrics that i cant work without.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old July 5th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am trying to convince a dear old gal to use a rotary cutter at all.
She has been quilting for a lot of years and refuses to rotary cut
anything. Her work is so wonderful. It is hard to argue with success
and what works for her I guess.
Last thing I need is one more thing. I used one of the alto deals at
a class once. Seems like a lot of fuss and bother for what it does IMO.
Taria

Old July 5th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edward W. Thompson

"Edward W. Thompson" wrote:

[...]

Two points:

1. Reading and understanding is something you need to attend to.
Perhaps you should stop quilting for a time to hone up on that skill

2. Courtesy does not appear to be a part of your character. It must
be embarrassing for you when others feel the need to excuse your lack
of manners.

If your bothered to read my enquiry I did ask for comments from those
who have used Alto Quitcult. Comments from those who have not are
worthless, as yours was. Please save bandwidth and only respond when
you know what you are talking about.

This NG is clearly not for me.