Ok crafty people - what would you do with this

Old February 5th 04, 12:10 PM
Bonnie

Now that you mention it being a really "country" kitchen look, it wouldn't
go with my kitchen.

When I first saw the sack of rice at Sam's, my husband suggested getting one
and sharing it with his mother, his sister and my sister. There's just the
two of us at my house and it would take us forever to use all of it!

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Definitely a "country" kitchen look.
If you want the bag, email off line! I liked it better when it was the
"original" bags, not the "Berkley and Jensen" brand.

I've bought jasmine and basmati rice in the 25 pound bags - takes too long
to eat it all though. I almost never buy "white" rice anymore - no flavor.

Cheryl

On 2/4/04 9:43 PM, in article BaiUb.6384$Le3.1613@okepread04, "Bonnie"
wrote:

I've seen rice in those burlap bags and thought I would buy one next

time we
make a trip to a Sam's. I don't know if theirs has a zipper in it tho.

don't know what I would do with the bag, either. I think I just want to
HAVE it. Maybe frame it.....not stretched, but just pressed under the
glass...and hang in the kitchen.

Bonnie

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I buy rice, in bulk, that comes in a nice burlap bag, complete with a
zipper.

Any thoughts on how to re-use this?

Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 12:18 PM
Cheryl Isaak

I find the 10 pound bag of basmati lasts around 10 months. The same amount
of jasmine lasts about 14 months. I do a lot of "Oriental/Asian" cooking
and even in chicken rice soup, we like the basmati better.
But I am feeding 4 with a teenager to be in the house.
Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 12:48 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Huuuuum Cheryl , a work of art, a dirty wash holder, embroider or
rather applique over it, and make it into a Ruck sack for handcrafts
supplies etc,,,
mirjam

Old February 5th 04, 02:27 PM
Judith Truly

I have a Filipina DIL and we buy rice 25 lbs at a time (Jasmine) and it
disapears about every month. There are5 of us and we all eat rice, tho DIL
eats the most- every day two or three times sometimes.
When I was a kid, we go dog food in 100 lb gunny sacks as well as chicken
scratch and food for cows and horses. We often made tote bags and
embroidered them with yarn and/or felt. We also made dolls and used the
burlap too, as she said, for rug backing. It also, depending on the its
weave, might do for a cross stitch wall hanging, maybe a huge sampler with
applique.

Old February 5th 04, 03:36 PM
Monique Reed

Grocery shopping. Absolutely perfect for that! Get enough of them
along with freebie totebags, and you can come home without nasty
plastic bags!

Monique

Old February 5th 04, 04:12 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Only for quickie shopping - it's only a 10 pound bag! I can just see
whipping it out next time I go to TJMaxx bra hunting!
Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 04:22 PM
BDS2pds

Burlap is indeep what you stitch on for many of the Swedish Christmas bags if
you are interested in that.
SWEDEN The children eagerly await the arrival of the dwarf Jultomten, or Tomten
as he is often called. Jultomten comes Christmas Eve riding on a goat and
bringing toys in a decorated burlap sack to all the childen.