Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

Old March 5th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

Hi everyone,
I haven't been stitching much in the past two years and so I've lost
touch with reading this group and knowing what's new in needlework.
Though I do have plenty of stash on hand just aching to be played with
again and I'm feeling the itch myself to get back into it.

My parents 50th Wedding anniversary is this year and so I'd like to
stitch them something special but don't have any ideas of what or even
where to begin. I am an experienced stitcher so can handle pretty much
any level of complexity.

I am looking through the web for some ideas, but I figured this group
would be a great place for suggestions. Anyone know something that
would be wonderful for a 50th anniversary?

Thanks in advance,

Katherine

Old March 5th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Katherine H wrote:
Hi everyone .......
My parents 50th Wedding anniversary is this year and so I'd like to
stitch them something special but don't have any ideas of what or even
where to begin. I am an experienced stitcher so can handle pretty much
any level of complexity.

I am looking through the web for some ideas, but I figured this group
would be a great place for suggestions. Anyone know something that
would be wonderful for a 50th anniversary? ......

The Sweetheart Tree (Sandra Cox Vanosdall) has a lovely band type
sampler that is designed especially for a 25th or 50th anniversary. I
did it for my DSis on her 25th. It is appropriately titled "The
Anniversary Sampler" but it also gives direction on how to make this a
regular wedding sampler. Here's the link to the design
http://thesweethearttree.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?SV-047 If that doesn't
work, go to http://www.thesweethearttree.com and click on LEAFLETS.
The design is shown in the seventh row down on the far left. Let us
know what you finally decide on, OK? CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old March 5th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Katherine H wrote:

I am looking through the web for some ideas, but I figured this group
would be a great place for suggestions. Anyone know something that
would be wonderful for a 50th anniversary?

Victorial Sampler has a lovely one:
http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal...aniversary.asp

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old March 5th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I know The Silver Lining has a 25th Anniversary piece; I think there's
also a 50th.

www.HoffmanDis.com

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: Getting all the UFOs done, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 5th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

For my parents' 50th anniversary I scanned their wedding photo and did it in
sepia tones.
--
Tamara in sunny San Diego

Old March 5th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Tia Mary wrote:

Katherine H wrote:

Hi everyone .......
[...]

That's the one I did in 2001 for our 30th anniversary. I had a lovely
piece of green hand-dyed R&R linen, so I substituted shades of pink and
green - used Caron Waterlilies, and Watercolors in (IIRC) "Meadow". I
also changed the seed beads and the small crystal hearts from white to
pink, and used a couple of Mill Hill Treasures (a pink rose and a pink
heart) at the places where she called for the mother of pearl hearts.
It turned out stunningly - now I just have to figure out what to do for
our 35th this year.

One of these days I'm going to get a digital camera, and get pics of
these up on line.

Marg

Old March 5th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

What about this one?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53808481dJQtsp
It's from the Stoney Creek Family Blessings booklet #239. I did it for my
parents 30th.

Addie

oups.com...

Old March 5th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dr. Brat wrote:
Katherine H wrote:

I am looking through the web for some ideas, but I figured this group
would be a great place for suggestions. Anyone know something that
would be wonderful for a 50th anniversary?

Victorial Sampler has a lovely one:
http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal...aniversary.asp

I just did that one recently for my parents' 40th
anniversary (changed the colors to greens rather than mauves).
It's a lot of fun to stitch and it's very pretty.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old March 5th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

This one by Victoria Sampler turns out lovely - I stitched it for my inlaws
50th anniversary last year and then also stitched up the square version in
blues and silvers for my sister-in-law's 25th anniversary - told her it was
half the size because she had only been married half the time!

Fun to stitch due to the variety of stitches but not so complicated that I
got frustrated or bored before the end. End results were much admired and
appreciated by all

MelissaD

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Katherine H wrote:

I am looking through the web for some ideas, but I figured this group
would be a great place for suggestions. Anyone know something that
would be wonderful for a 50th anniversary?

Victorial Sampler has a lovely one:
http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal...aniversary.asp

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich

Old March 6th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I did this one as well for my sister's 10th. It looked lovely framed with
taupe behind and pink mat in a pinky gold frame. Unfortunately, I still
need to take a picture of it framed.

Addie