Wedding Anniversary-63rd

Old October 5th 05, 12:51 AM
R. E. Wicker

Default Wedding Anniversary-63rd

I finally gave in the told hubby of 63 years that this was our
Anniversary. He was angered because I hadn't told him. What are the
rules? We aren't by law required to warn husbands, are we? Actually
I had a busy day on Monday at Rehab and I have another hard day there
tomorrow...and being taken out to dinner just doesn't do IT for me.
Instead I will charge that pair of Orthopedic Chocolate Brown Shoes
I've been wanting and label it "for our 63rd." And he has leaves to
rake up and bag....tonight it may SNOW.
I have neatened my Quilt Room one more time and am ready to lay out
the squares to see how many I still need. I Love cutting, so by
Saturday I should have made progress. Hurrah! That North Dakota Quilt
Show surely inspired me.
Rhoda
Old October 5th 05, 01:15 AM
Taria

Congratulations Rhoda. That is so awesome. 63 years is an
amazing amount of time. I tease my dad that at 81 if he just
remembers to wake up every morning we are happy.
I don't know about laws and warning but I tend to not leave these
important things to chance : )
Hugs to you both, Taria

Old October 5th 05, 01:29 AM
D Curtis

Happy Anniversary!!!!
I think the rules are that you either tell them a few days in advance
and let them know what you want in remembrance of the day, or you pick
out something nice for yourself and sign the credit card slip with his
name.
Many happy returns of they day!
Diana

Old October 5th 05, 01:52 AM
C & S

Wow! sixty three years, amazing. Congratulations. Unless I live to be
really, really, really old, I'll never reach that mark.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old October 5th 05, 01:56 AM
Mary in Washington

A very happy anniversary to you. 63 year is really a milestone.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

I love quilting and have plenty of material witnesses.

Old October 5th 05, 02:01 AM
Dee in Oz

Congratulations Rhoda and lets hope that you have many more.
After 60 I wouldn't have thought your DH would need reminding any more
.....LOL

Dee in Oz

Old October 5th 05, 02:12 AM
Kellie J. Berger

SNOW??!!!! but it is 94 degrees outside how could it possibly snow????

lol i don't know the rules on forewarning DHs about special dates. haven't
been married but almost a dozen years now. He doesn't remember
anniversaries. And if my birthday weren't so close to Cinco de Mayo he
wouldn't remember that either the "Cinco de Mayo Fiesta" commercials
remind him each year grin

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old October 5th 05, 02:17 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
R. E. Wicker wrote:

I finally gave in the told hubby of 63 years that this was our
Anniversary. He was angered because I hadn't told him. What are the
rules? We aren't by law required to warn husbands, are we? Actually
I had a busy day on Monday at Rehab and I have another hard day there
tomorrow...and being taken out to dinner just doesn't do IT for me.
Instead I will charge that pair of Orthopedic Chocolate Brown Shoes
I've been wanting and label it "for our 63rd." And he has leaves to
rake up and bag....tonight it may SNOW.
I have neatened my Quilt Room one more time and am ready to lay out
the squares to see how many I still need. I Love cutting, so by
Saturday I should have made progress. Hurrah! That North Dakota Quilt
Show surely inspired me.
Rhoda

Happy anniversary, Rhoda -- and enjoy those shoes!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 5th 05, 02:37 AM
Polly Esther

No, no, no, Rhoda. The shoes will not do at all. Buy yourself something
decadent. You probably aren't interested in a 1971 MGB or the latest and
greatest Viking - but how about something really all of the time yummy? I'm
thinking a wonderfully comfortable chair (with all of the expensive words on
the tag like ergonomic and pneumatic) for my sewing machine - computer
would be just the thing for my (surprise) birthday. It's coming soon and DH
never has a clue until I show him the bill or the gift. You'd think I moved
the date every year and kept it a secret. Doesn't matter. It absolutely
does not. Every day is a special gift. Polly

Old October 5th 05, 02:40 AM
Tina

LOL Kellie, that was a hoot.

In our family, it's all backwards. DH is so wonderful, he brings me
flowers, "just because it's not your birthday or our anniversary."
Then he brings me flowers (special ones) on my birthday and our
anniversary. Guess who forgot what day our anniversary was last year?
DUH Ok, I might have been under a little stress or something at the
time.

He also ALWAYS remembers my birthday, it is the day after his mothers!

A very Happy Anniversary to you Rhoda!

Hugs,
Tina