Square Copper Wire?

Old September 19th 05, 02:49 AM
J. Dawson

Default Square Copper Wire?

Hi,

I'm looking for copper wire in shapes other than round and would=20
particularly like to get hold of some square...

Anyone any idea where I can get this in the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Janie

Old September 19th 05, 08:00 AM
Ted Frater

J. Dawson wrote:
Hi,
=20
I'm looking for copper wire in shapes other than round and would=20
particularly like to get hold of some square...
=20
Anyone any idea where I can get this in the UK?
=20
Thanks in advance,
=20
Janie
=20

Hi Janie,
Thats easy,
Ill roll some for you. All I need to know is the thickness acoss the=20
flats and how much you want. it work hardens in processing, you will=20
also need to decide wether you need it harsd or soft. If the latter can=20
you anneal and pickle it yourself?
youll need to call me or write off line to take it further.
Ted Frater Dorset UK.

Old September 20th 05, 03:14 PM
Carl

J. Dawson wrote:

Hi,
=20
I'm looking for copper wire in shapes other than round and would=20
particularly like to get hold of some square...

Ho much do you need? How big?

Square (well, nearly square, the corners are not sharp) copper wire has=20
been used to wind transformer cores. Long ago I ended up with the last=20
of a spool of the stuff. It is ~1/8" square, insulated with a thread=20
wrapping.

If you'll be wanting a lot of it, consider getting a drawplate and=20
making your own.

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

"Clutter"? This is an object-rich environment.

Old September 21st 05, 04:35 AM
ne333ro

If you'll be wanting a lot of it, consider getting a drawplate and
making your own.

I second that.

annealing brass C Ryman Jewelry 2 July 8th 05 01:46 AM
Crochet: Moccasin-style slippers? Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 3 February 25th 05 10:28 PM
square wire items4sale Jewelry 11 May 7th 04 03:22 PM
Sparex pickle Don Robinson Jewelry 9 February 18th 04 02:49 AM
Message for animaux COL. BILL KILGORE Needlework 392 February 15th 04 09:41 PM