Attn Pat Porter - alphabets

Old November 17th 03, 02:36 PM
Rosemary

Default Attn Pat Porter - alphabets

Re your query of on-line alphabets would you liketo try www.stitchalley.com
and go to free charts. Several alphabets listed.

Old November 17th 03, 03:29 PM
JL Amerson

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

I just visited this site. One of the charts I was curious about would have
REQUIRED me to look at ads "usually related to the topic" (or something like
that) before it would open the .pdf file.

Guess whose site I did not bookmark.

Old November 17th 03, 03:57 PM
Gillian Murray

I thought there were some attractive charts there. I didn't have to open any
files. Of course ads are aggravating, but I was sorely tempted to add to my
stash!

Gillian

Old November 17th 03, 04:10 PM
seaspray

I just visited this site. One of the charts I was curious about would have
REQUIRED me to look at ads "usually related to the topic" (or something

like
that) before it would open the .pdf file

Since I have a dial-up, it just took too long for all those ads to load just
for a few free patterns. Sorry, but I have never heard of pico-pay, but it
is annoying. I am with you on this one.
Seaspray

Old November 17th 03, 04:36 PM
Rosemary

Sorry - I didn't get far enough to find out about the advert. Found the
charts of alphabets page and knew Pat had been asking about on-line charts.

Old November 17th 03, 06:02 PM
Brenda Lewis

Actually I consider this to be downright false advertising. The page
says the chart is free until you try to download the .pdf. Then it says
you must look at (for the ones I tried anyway) $0.20 worth of ads
through Pico-Pay before it will let you purchase the file. The
following is the Pico-Pay popup that appears when attempting to download
a .pdf from this site. The jiggling banner ads that appear on this site
are also a major turnoff.

{quote}Pico-Pay is a free service which allows you to purchase Design
SA-008 by viewing a few advertisements placed by sponsors. Our system
will attempt to make the advertisements shown to you as closely related
to this content as possible to increase their relevance to you.

You must view enough advertisements to reach the purchase price of this
content, $0.20. You must also stay at each advertisement for the time
specified. We estimate this process will only take you a couple of minutes.

Please ensure you have JavaScript and Cookies enabled before
proceeding.{endquote}

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP:

Old November 17th 03, 10:20 PM
Joan Erickson

Rosemary wrote:

Sorry - I didn't get far enough to find out about the advert. Found the
charts of alphabets page and knew Pat had been asking about on-line charts.

I've found that not all of them require this. I printed a couple of
patterns (although it says it's better to save it to your computer, that
didn't work for me--I had better luck just printing from the browser).

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

ATTN: Sarajane Dr. Sooz Beads 2 October 26th 04 05:13 PM
Attn: Caren/Craftology Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 0 September 20th 04 05:08 PM
Vintage Alphabets 1910 lettering book [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 11th 04 01:59 AM
Alphabets? Pat Porter Needlework 3 November 8th 03 02:34 PM