A different way of storing floss for projects.

Old November 14th 03, 12:59 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/14/03 1:41 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 11/10/03 8:57 AM,"animaux" posted:

Yes, it is excellent for pieces which have at least 50 colors. I use it for
every piece I stitch. I like threading needles at once, then stitching for
an
entire afternoon not having to thread needles with each color.

I also like to thread several needles when I'm sitting down to stitch. I
make magnet cards -use strip magnet and note cards, cut some slits so that
the thread wraps and then tucks inside the card neatly. When I pull a length
of thread from the skein, amd strip it, I will always thread up 2 or 3
needles - so there are no loose threads to get lost, and I can keep
stitching without constantly rethreading. Big projects might take 2 or 3
cards - I used to do them on index cards, but you get the picture.

This way I have a little needle/thread caddy with each project.

ellice

Like note cards you send a friend? I can not get the image to work. I can
picture the index card trick and may try it for my new purse project (3
colors and easy counts!)

Cheryl

Old November 15th 03, 11:35 PM
Faren

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...
I only use one needle, I think I'd more just to confusing, plus I have
trouble not losing just one!
I have two rings of floss away bags in numerical orderfor my stash.
For each project I gather up the floss I need and transfer them to a seprate
ring. That and everything else for that project goes into a canvas bag, this
is very portable.
Cept that I tend to spread everything out over the couch.... Annell

Old November 16th 03, 06:10 AM
Ellice

On 11/14/03 7:59 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

wrote:

[...]

Exactly. I put a stip of magnet parallel to the fold of the notecard, about
3/4" from the actual fold. I then cut ~ 1/2" slits every 3/4' along the edge
- as if to fringe the space from the magnet edge to the spine/fold. Not all
the way to the magnet strip. I cut a matching 1/2" slit in the opening end,
opposite the fold slits. I buy the 1/2" spools of magnets when I see them on
sale at some craft store, usually about 50 cents for 3 ft. A bargain.

When I use these, I put a needle on the mag strip, point away from the fold,
and then can catch the thread into the slit at the fold, wrap around, into
the bottom slit opposite, and tuck the thread tail inside the card. Or, with
the index card I just wrap around. But, if I have multiple needled of the
same thread, the note-card, tuck in works better because then they're not
wrapped together.

I just write in pencil the color, or number, by the slit - above the strip,
or wherever. It looks a little prettier, and the thread seems to stay. I
just slip the card into a zip-lock, and voila - my own little needle caddy.

Hope this helps. Of course, this is my twisted engineer/artist mind making
this up, so....I really want to see Brenda's device come to fruition.
ellice

Old November 16th 03, 02:57 PM
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

That must be the problem - the engineer in me is looking for something more
difficult than it needs to be!