Toe ups finished, pic. and links

Old December 13th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Default Toe ups finished, pic. and links

Now my toe-ups are ready!
They were easy to knit up, and I am sure I will knit some later too. As
you see. the cuffs are very short, that is how far the yarn reached!
I have som short rubber boots, and I think they will be OK in them ;-))

This cast-on was special, here is a good explanation from Knitty;
a bit easier too handles than DP needles.
But I changed to dpn a couple of rounds AFTER the cast on,
I like to knit with 5 needles:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html

I used this pattern, the gauge was OK for me this time.
http://tiajudy.com/putmeon.htm

Here is a pattern for finer yarn:
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=4024

AND here is mine, TOO short cuff as I said, but OK...
(this is a scan)

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...36813328SkIIvS

Or use this link if the other doesn't work
http://tinyurl.com/ylzmtt

higs,
AUD ;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

Old December 13th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Looking good! Actually I rather like short cuff socks. Judy

Old December 13th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"JCT" skrev i melding
ups.com...

Looking good! Actually I rather like short cuff socks. Judy

Thank You, Judy!
AUD ;-)

Old December 15th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Aud wrote:
[...]

Thanks you Aud, I can use some of them.

Dennis
Old December 15th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Aud wrote:
Now my toe-ups are ready!
They were easy to knit up, and I am sure I will knit some later too. As
you see. the cuffs are very short, that is how far the yarn reached!
I have som short rubber boots, and I think they will be OK in them ;-))

This cast-on was special, here is a good explanation from Knitty;
a bit easier to handle than DP needles.
But I changed to dpn a couple of rounds AFTER the cast on,
I like to knit with 5 needles:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html

I just recently learned that cast-on; I even figured a way
to do it without tying a knot for the first stitch. I love it!
It works for top-down hats, too.

I used this pattern, the gauge was OK for me this time.
http://tiajudy.com/putmeon.htm

I've been meaning to try that one. I'm glad to see it works.

=Tamar