OT? Just popping in to say hello!

Old July 16th 03, 04:21 PM
Valerie

Default OT? Just popping in to say hello!

Hi all! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm not dead or gone.
There have just been a few too many changes in my life to keep up with this
group. I did want to ask a question though...what happened to the page with the
info on bead stores around the US? Was that in one of our yahoo groups? I only
ask because sometime in the future I will be going to Atlanta, and I think
there were a couple bead stores there and I would love to stop by them.
I also have a funny story to relate...
I brought some polyclay over here to my mom's house to get a fix (it's hell
being without my clay!). I had a couple colors wrapped in waxed paper inside a
plastic bag inside the fridge. One night my mother woke up and started poking
around in the refrigerator for a midnight snack. Now my mom is notorious for
eating my sweet stuff (candy, pastries, whatever) and that was what she was on
the hunt for. During the time she was rooting around in the fridge looking for
something to munch on, I happened to be going to the bathroom and asked her
what she was doing up, and she replied "Eating". By the time I had come out she
was making funny noises, so I asked her if she was alright. She was fine, but
she had purple crumbs all over her teeth! The woman had EATEN my polymer clay!
Full on chewed it up, then realized it wasn't a candy bar and spit it out! I
took a peek at my polymer clay and it even had teeth marks in it from where she
took a good healthy bite. ;-) Maybe she'll think twice before she tries eating
"candy" that isn't hers!
Linda2 told me I had to post to you all and tell you that story, but it took
awhile to convince my mother that it would be for the good of the bead group to
do so. But once she gave in, I mean agreed, she thought that it would be nice
to give you all a laugh too. ;-)
Hope everyone is ok, and you are all making wonderful works of art. And "HI" to
all the newbies too! I hope I will be able to come back sometime soon and meet
you all. :-)

Valerie
Old July 16th 03, 04:28 PM
Sjpolyclay

Hiya Valerie!!
Good story! I had a roomate like that once, but HE bit into a BAKED piece. Your
mom will have hopefully learned some caution....
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old July 16th 03, 05:34 PM
Karlee in Kansas

My dad did that with a bar of soap once. It was a brown frog, and it smelled like chocolate. My aunt had brought
several of the soaps over, and while mom and the aunt were in the sunroom talking, dad wandered into the kitchen. He
didn't know it was soap, looked like chocolate, and he hadn't been told it wasn't such. Took a big ole honkin bite out
of it. He learned REAL quick to "ask first".

What a fun walk down memory lane...I hadn't thought about that in YEARS.

Anyone else have a funny story about eating non-edibles?

Karlee in Kansas

--
Visit my web page! www.angelfire.com/ks3/karlee/index.html
Our family page: http://groups.msn.com/brennanfamilypage

Old July 16th 03, 05:48 PM
Karen_AZ

Anyone else have a funny story about eating non-edibles?

I have one about semi-edibles. G

My Dad had a passion for animal crackers. Especially with ice cream. (An
addiction I have to this day.)

When I was six I got a dog for my birthday. An adorable dachshund, who I
named Sniffy for obvious reasons (hey, I was six!!!). Mom bought him "People
Crackers" one day....cute little crackers in different colors to denote
flavors....firemen, milkmen (remember them?) and paperboys are the ones I
really remember. Cute for dogs. Well, Mom left 'em out on the counter and
Dad came in late. You guessed it, he put them on his ice cream! ROFL....he
came up to Mom & I (bedtime story time) and complained to her that these
crackers were awful and to please buy the normal ones again. Mom and I
looked at the bowl, looked at him, and cracked up. She was laughing and
crying so hard it took almost half an hour to explain. And ohhhhh the look
on Dad's face when it finally registered that he was eating doggie
treats!!!!! Definitely a moment to remember.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old July 16th 03, 06:51 PM
Sjpolyclay

like pet duck, or porcupine.

ohhhh! how horrid!!!!!!!

Old July 16th 03, 07:25 PM
EL

Beadnotes has my year old post about Atlanta bead stores. That's
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html. Look under T for travel.

The Atlanta Bead Society site (http://www.atlantabeadsociety.com/) has a
list of Atlanta bead resources, including one I haven't been to -- Brina
Beads.

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old July 16th 03, 07:55 PM
Christina Peterson

I thought so too! It was "for our own good" of course.

Tina

Old July 16th 03, 08:22 PM
Dr. Sooz

Valerie!!! VALERIE!!!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{ValerieShawn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

what happened to the page with the
info on bead stores around the US?

He International Bead Store Index - Guide to Beadwork
http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/localstores/

Georgia, alphabetical by city:
http://www.guidetobeadwork.com/local...es/GA.cty.html
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 16th 03, 08:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

The only eating stories I have are about
things my mother served us on purpose, like pet duck

Jesus god almighty. :-(
~~
Sooz
-------