I could hide my own Easter eggs!

Old January 10th 05, 04:33 PM
KJ

Default I could hide my own Easter eggs!

I've done it again. I've lost something that HAS to be in my house....or
maybe not?! I guess I could have accidentally thrown it away. Anyway, just
before Christmas I treated myself to a new crockpot. One of those big ones
(6-6.5 qt)from Sam's that also had an extra divided stoneware pot. Very
cool. It also came with a booklet of recipes that used the divided crock
that sounded really good. I've lost that. I've checked the websites for
the divided pot recipes and have sent an email to Rival requesting a
replacement. By any chance did any of you buy that model for yourself or as
a gift? I'd love to get the recipes from it. There were some very nice
combinations of foods that I wouldn't think to make together....I'm not a
very creative cook. But I don't mind trying something someone else has
already worked out.
I'd be glad to pay for copying and mailing if you have one. Thanks!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old January 10th 05, 04:43 PM
Jan

I dont' have any divided pot recipes... but my favorite 2 crock recipes are
suited to that size pot and freeze well....

1 - take a brisket, one dried french onion soup and 2 cans beef broth...
put in pot and cook all day on low... makes a great french dip sandwich
meat.

2- put chicken breasts, one package taco seasoning, one or more cans of
chicken broth, cook all day until it falls apart... great for tacos, taco
salad, burritos etc.

Jan

Old January 10th 05, 06:45 PM
Louise

Wish I could help -- our family ended up with three people getting new
crockpots at Christmas, but none of them were the divided one.

However, I do have a word of warning on one of them. My sister was the
recipient of a big crockpot, too. Hers was the chrome one that gives you
more options than just low and high -- I think it's programmable. She made
chili for our Christmas-day get together, and her DH decided to taste test
it before coming to our house. Turned out the handle on the lid was metal
too, and it was HOT! He wasn't burned badly, but his fingers were tender! My
sister is now checking into a replacement lid or handle that is plastic (and
I think my mom was going to write to Rival).

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 10th 05, 08:51 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
You will find it w/ Professor Plum in the lounge
with the wrench.
Next he'll be taking the quilting needles; get there fast!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old January 10th 05, 11:13 PM
JS

My crock pot has the metal handle, too. I have only burned myself once.
Now I just leave a potholder on top while it is cooking. Wish I could help
with the cookbook, but I threw mine out.

Jennifer in Florida

Old January 11th 05, 12:21 AM
nana2b

Hi KJ, I got that same Crock Pot at Sam's too. I have the book and would
be happy to copy the pages for you. I see you are in the directory so I can
snail mail it to you or E-mail. Your choice. Linda

Old January 11th 05, 06:59 AM
KJ

Oh MY! This group is just the best!!!! I don't think we have ever had a
problem that couldn't be fixed.....aside from health and death issues. And
even those often prompt soothing messages for those who are suffering.
I don't care which way you send them Linda, whatever is the easiest for you!
Wa hoo! All I need is the booklet that is about the divided crock and its
recipes. Thank you, thank you thank you!
Kathyl....who is glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight....everything is
covered in a sheet of ice!

Old January 11th 05, 01:31 PM
Pat in Virginia

KJ: Just gotta tell ya ... your subject line is the
most fun one I've seen this year!! Since I often
misplace things I will remember this one. Unless I
misplace it of course.
PAT in VA/USA

KJ wrote:

I've done it again. I've lost something that HAS to be in my house....or
maybe not?! I guess I could have accidentally thrown it away. ...cut...