Feedback on beading/jewelry site?

Old November 4th 03, 03:52 AM
Meg

Default Feedback on beading/jewelry site?

Hey!
I have been enjoying all the information about the jewelry business
that I have been finding on this chat board. Anyway, I am kind of a
novice in this industry and my boyfriend just put this website to help
me cover the costs of my hobby. I was wondering if some of you
wouldn't mind giving me some feedback on my website as I have seen
before on this board. Is it even worth putting this out on the web?
Does anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive ways to promote
it?
Thank you very much for all the information.
http://www.urbanflowergirl.com
Meg
Old November 4th 03, 03:53 PM
Andrei Vesselovski

"Meg" wrote in message
Hey!
I have been enjoying all the information about the jewelry business
that I have been finding on this chat board. Anyway, I am kind of a
novice in this industry and my boyfriend just put this website to help
me cover the costs of my hobby. I was wondering if some of you
wouldn't mind giving me some feedback on my website as I have seen
before on this board.

Hi,

Navigation and general usability:

http://www.urbanflowergirl.com/index.htm
This splash page is useless. Currently, it look like a personal home
page, not a on-lime shop. Make it your website home page. Place
some product pictures there, so visitors can immediate understand
what is your website is about. meta name="keywords" is useless
there as well, because this page doesn't contains any related text.
Use "alt" tags in your cover images for the website description or just
add some text content.

I would recommend to place "alt" tags in every navigation button and
text links navigation in the bottom of each page

(necklace | rings | earrings | bracelets | barrettes | about us | contact us

I think that links to the detail product page should be bigger and blue
colour, not grey. I also think that they should be on top of the thumbnail
pictures as a titles, and not under the pictures. For example:

Line1: dew drop necklace
Line2: picture
Line3: price add to cart button

In the item details page, price is too small and disconnected from
the product layout. It should be at least same typeface and size as a
product title.

On the right of the product detail, you use gallery navigation called "Item"
.. Why not
call it "Next Item" ? It will make more cense.

Check all your links. They must work!!
For example, http://www.urbanflowergirl.com/aboutus.html
"Wholesale Available - Email for more information!" this link doesn't work

Does anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive ways to promote
it?

1. Add more text on your product pages by writing good item descriptions.
Use "alt" tags on product images and repeat your product descriptions
there.

2. Make "send to friend" option on every product page.

3. Offer your products on Ebay.com and Yahoo.com auctions. You get sales
and you get hits to your website.( pay per listing )

4. Exchange links with others. Make Reciprocal links page. (free)

5. Join webrings. (free)
For example:
http://dir.webring.com/rw?d=Hobbies_...Jewelry_Making

6. Use you website address in the signature in all outgoing emails and forum
messages. (free)

7. Place classifieds ( free) For example, http://www.powerlister.com

8 .Use Goggle AddWords program https://adwords.google.com/ . Set up you
budget