Blown Glass

Old October 6th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
kamace

Default Blown Glass

I am looking for someone that I can collaborate with on some jewelry
designs incorporating blown glass pendants. Anyone out there
interested in working with a jewelry designer who has big ideas and
great industry connections???!!! Email me direct at
or check out my website at www.kamacejewelry.com!

Old October 8th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 21:30:55 -0700, kamace
wrote:

I am looking for someone that I can collaborate with on some jewelry
designs incorporating blown glass pendants. Anyone out there
interested in working with a jewelry designer who has big ideas and
great industry connections???!!! Email me direct at
or check out my website at www.kamacejewelry.com!

Those starfish look like lampwork rather than blown glass. I have
friends who went to Carleton, but they're probably older than you are.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com
Old October 9th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
kamace

wrote:

I am looking for someone that I can collaborate with on some jewelry
designs incorporating blown glass pendants. Anyone out there
interested in working with a jewelry designer who has big ideas and
great industry connections???!!! Email me direct at
or check out my website atwww.kamacejewelry.com!

Those starfish look like lampwork rather than blown glass. I have
friends who went to Carleton, but they're probably older than you are.
--
Marilee J. Laymanhttp://mjlayman.livejournal.com

I graduated from carleton in '90, my brother and sister-in-law
graduated in '86. Small world, no? I guess I have to admit to a
possible error in terminology, however, even the artists that I have
been collaborating with and those who have responded to my postings
seem to say either blown glass or lampwork themselves! I obviously
don't create in that medium, so I was just taking the cue from those
with whom I have worked!

Old October 10th 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

wrote:

[...]

My friends graduated in the 70s, so I think we're at least a
generation apart. One of them, Pamela Dean, wrote a well-regarded
version of _Tam Lin_ which occurs in a college based on Carleton.

Blown glass actually involves a tube and blowing at a blob of glass to
make things. Lampwork uses a torch and glass rods, no blowing. The
starfish could have been made by blowing into a mold, although I
didn't see mold lines, but the dots on top have to have been done with
lampwork.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com

OT (but glass-related) Blown Glass Georgia Beads 5 April 7th 07 03:27 PM
blown glass Debbie B Beads 18 February 7th 04 06:01 AM
blown glass pi007 Marketplace 0 November 7th 03 04:32 AM
hand blown glass nulllo Glass 0 November 4th 03 05:51 AM
hand blown glass NH Glass 2 September 11th 03 07:26 AM