Mercury Amalgam Gilding

Old November 1st 03, 06:04 PM
Abrasha

BBrown1382 wrote:

Also p.666 (!) ff in Untracht's "Jewelry Concepts and Technology"
He claims that "by taking teh appropriate precautions, craftspersons
can completely eliminate any chance of mercuric poisoning

Call me skeptical, but I think I'll pass. I do seem to recall hearing that some
old world gilding is still done in England by one or two firms, but the OHSA
and EPA regs here in the States make it a losing proposition. If one has access
to a good chemical hood and protective gear I guess it could be done.
However...
Brian Brown )

Doing it outdoors is also a possibility. If you do, make sure you are sitting
upwind of the work you are handling.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old November 5th 03, 04:15 AM
Don Wagner

I wanted to thank everyone for the great input I received on this question.
I am a new member, and this was my first question for the group.

OT Mercury needs you guys! Dr. Sooz Beads 33 September 26th 04 05:57 PM
OT Mercury needs you guys! Jalynne Beads 9 September 18th 04 01:20 AM
Sooz's Mercury pic Dr. Sooz Beads 1 August 30th 03 07:18 PM
OT rant -- Stupid Ex hurt Mercury! Dr. Sooz Beads 95 August 24th 03 06:31 AM