"Allure" by Patons

Old November 29th 03, 05:58 AM
Marg Anderson

Default "Allure" by Patons

Hi everyone, just letting you know about "Allure" yarn. It's really a
nice yarn ... I've made a couple dress scarves with it and they turned
out very rich looking. I have found one problem and I'd like to warn
you to be very careful when buying it. I have 2 balls, the same
colour and dye lot but they are totally different in feel. One is
almost silky in comparison to the other. I'm going back to get enough
to finish the scharf I'm on but I'll have to go be the feel this time.
Pulling out an end from the balls and comparing it that way I think
would be the easiest . Hope this keeps anyone from experiencing the
frustrations I did.
Old November 29th 03, 01:56 PM
Yarn Forward

We have sold a lot of Allure and have not seen the problem you mentioned. What
you should do is get a sample of each yarn and the ball bands (very important),
and take them back to the store where you bought them, and they will return them
to the factory. In our experience, Spinrite are very good at handling customer
complaints, and they do like to know about quality problems.
Roger.
--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old November 29th 03, 02:58 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:56:29 -0500, Yarn Forward wrote:

We have sold a lot of Allure and have not seen the problem you mentioned. What
you should do is get a sample of each yarn and the ball bands (very important),
and take them back to the store where you bought them, and they will return them
to the factory. In our experience, Spinrite are very good at handling customer
complaints, and they do like to know about quality problems.
Roger.

Although Roger is 'speaking' as a retailer/provider/seller, as a
customer/clent/purchaser, I can attest and agree, the Yarn companies WANT
to know when there are problems with their yarn.
I had purchased some Caron's One Pounders at one time that were horrible,
and Caron not only made it right by me, as a special thankyou, I received
free merchandise certificates as well.
BTW, Roger, I 'just' placed an order for some roving, some 'thrum' yarn and
some linen yarn!
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old November 29th 03, 06:25 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Mary,

I agree with both Roger and Noreen. I had a bad experience with some Red Heart
yarn that I was using for a sweater. I called them and they replaced all the
skeins and added a few more. Companies like to hear about our complaints and
also our good experiences too.

Nora
Old November 30th 03, 01:58 PM
Yarn Forward

BTW, Roger, I 'just' placed an order for some roving, some 'thrum' yarn and
some linen yarn!
Noreen

Thank you, I will personally expedite it tomorrow.
Roger.
--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old December 1st 03, 03:30 AM
JJMolvik

As well you should, since you are!

JJMolvik

Allure for SALE AmazeR Sewing 0 April 7th 04 11:16 PM
Patons DK cotton [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 6th 04 02:31 PM
Desperately seeking Patons "Loopy" yarn! Michela Yarn 11 October 28th 03 02:40 AM
Patons Canadiana Tweed madhatress Yarn 0 July 15th 03 05:14 AM