Photo of Mike's latest efforts

Old September 23rd 04, 01:44 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Photo of Mike's latest efforts

I've uploaded a photo of Mike's latest efforts.

I'm still wrestling with the camera nd losing two out of three falls!
Eventually it will end up with me degaussing it with our Very Strong Magnet,
or I'll just give up and use our old SLR and have the film transferred to
disk.

Ah well, life is a learning experience.

Here's the link to the pictu

http://lampwork.blogspot.com/

Next, we wrestle the demon that is the digital control on the kiln!

-Su

Old September 23rd 04, 02:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Oh wow. Hearty applause to Mike!
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 23rd 04, 02:58 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Nice work! The blue on blue bumpys are fun.

I never asked, but are these annealed or just practice beads?

B.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:26 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barb wrote:

Nice work! The blue on blue bumpys are fun.

Thanks! He's really been working like mad to get his technique down. It's
helped his attitude no end, too!

I never asked, but are these annealed or just practice beads?

These are not annealed yet, he uses a fiber blanket right now but we're
going to turn on the kiln tomorrow and do some practice runs annealing
beads. Hopefully some of the ones he's made will survive and be worth using
in jewelry or for selling. I think some of them are really good, there's
been a quantum leap in his beads over the past weeks.

I know it will take a lot of work before he's really doing his best but
right now he's doing great, I think.

-Su

Old September 23rd 04, 04:42 PM
Marisa2

I don't go in for bumpies but I like the idea of blue on blue.

Congrats to Mike for progressing so quickly!

marisa2

Old September 23rd 04, 05:17 PM
~Candace~

Again, I come across bumpies that make me like them--the blue on blue rock,
Su!

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 23rd 04, 05:22 PM
Su/Cutworks

Charlie wrote:

Ooooh, they're all so cool!

I know! I keep playing with them. I want him to get his annealing skills
honed, because I want beads I can use. Plus, I have friends nagging me for
beads. And there's always that concept of ... gosh... selling them!

-Su

Old September 23rd 04, 05:32 PM
Stephanie

I don't go in for bumpies but I like the idea of blue on blue.

OMTP, I like these blues alot! I hope you don't lose too many beads in the
anealing process, your DH is doing nice work and it would be sad to lose any
beads. I guess there is always that dreaded learning curve tho.

..Stephanie..

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes
from within. It is there all the time. Anna Freud

Old September 23rd 04, 06:22 PM
Su/Cutworks

Candace wrote:

Again, I come across bumpies that make me like them--the blue on blue

rock,
Su!

Thanks! I really like his new beads too, I had a time persuading him to try
some that were all one color family like that as he likes the ones with
white dots. However, I did get some nice chicken out of the freezer and
offered to either use it as a 'convincer' or as dinner.

Amazing how these things work!

-Su