On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

Old December 22nd 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

Thank you Olwyn Mary , I am much more aquainted with the Original
names , all these translation of names , many a time misspelled, are
rather confusing.
Ziporah is for us Moshe `s [ Mozes] wife.
mirjam

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

Yes Nazereth where she lived with Joseph , and Zipory where her
parents lived !!!!
mirjam

I've never heard of Zipory ... but you might never have heard of our local
places :-)

Mary

In the King James Bible it is spelled Zipporah. If you Google for it,
you might find some pix.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old December 22nd 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

There is a little cappele there , and as i understood there used to be
a monastry of women for Mary`s mother as well . Tzipori
existed many years before . Until the 4th century it was an important
Spiritual Jewish center. Many important talmudic learned people are
burried there. The Sanhedrin sat there for a while, she existed
alreadyin Josho`as time. In the time of Hordus Antipass she was called
DeoCesarea , and was an important stronghold of the Romans who built
there villas , an amphitheatre and a temple. Later Jewish people in
66 didn`t join the first uprising against the Romans and thus she was
not detructed, But in 351 the local people joined the big uprising
against the romans and they were cruelly stopped by the Romans.
After the Arabic invasion [7th century] Jews came back to Zipory, Till
the Crusaders Ruined and destructed it as a habitat and turned it into
an Army base.
Than it was taken by a beduoin war lord , that ruled the
neighbourhood. Than it was desolated .
Now adays it is an Agrarian place , + archeological site.
mirjam

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
. ..
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

Yes Nazereth where she lived with Joseph , and Zipory where her
parents lived !!!!
mirjam

I've never heard of Zipory ... but you might never have heard of our
local places :-)

Mary

In the King James Bible it is spelled Zipporah. If you Google for it, you
might find some pix.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Thanks, I'll have a look. And find it in the Concordance too, I've missed it
somewhere along the liine :-)

Mary

Old December 22nd 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

Yes Nazereth where she lived with Joseph , and Zipory where her
parents lived !!!!
mirjam

I've never heard of Zipory ... but you might never have heard of our
local places :-)

Mary

In the King James Bible it is spelled Zipporah. If you Google for it, you
might find some pix.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Thanks, I'll have a look. And find it in the Concordance too, I've missed it
somewhere along the liine :-)

Maryhat

What a great post Mirjam.

Thank you!
Dennis
Old December 22nd 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Oh Mary , i am sure they had names ,,,, But nobody stirred enough
trouble to make sure books will be written about it :::
Zipory has beautiful Mozaics from the time the Romans ruled here.
mirjam

Mirjam,
Is that the place where Moses found his wife? IIRC, she was from
Zipporah (as we spell it).

Higs,
Katherine

Old December 22nd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Thank you Olwyn Mary , I am much more aquainted with the Original
names , all these translation of names , many a time misspelled, are
rather confusing.
Ziporah is for us Moshe `s [ Mozes] wife.

THen I was on the right track. She was a Midianite, correct? And her
father was Jethro?

Higs,
Katherine

Old December 22nd 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

[...]

Thanks Mirjam, I enjoyed that.

Old December 22nd 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I am blushing Ophelia ,,,
Yes i am wishing well to friends and nice people , i do it with all
the Best will and power ,,,,
mirjam

I know you do

Old December 22nd 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I will look through my collection of photograps i sure took quite some
photos last time , as i am FACINATED by mosaics , if not i will buy
you some postcards ,.,,, The lady there is a beauty and since there
are Herbal cosmetics made there she appears on their bottles .
mirjam

I did Google and discovered that Zipporah was Moses' wife and the daughter
of another biblical notable (forgot now! - the chap who blew the trumpet?).
somewhere in the past I MUST have known that. Oh, the failing memory!

It also seems to be a not uncommon name for women in several cultures.
Fascinating! Thank you.

Mary

Old December 22nd 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
There is a little cappele there ,

Excuse me for butting in but what's a cappele?

[...]

You know so much! But I suppose I do about some of our local places. Thanks
again.

Mary

Old December 22nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

OH NO Katherine Tzipori is in the Lower Gallile hills of Israel ,
Mozes ] Moshe , found his wife Tziporah in Midyan , which is Near
Egypt somewhere on the edge of the Sinay Desert ,
But both names relate to Tzipor = Bird ..
mirjam