Did you ever notice

Old November 22nd 05, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Did you ever notice

That when we talk about quilting we share different techniques, happy
dance for eachother and share shopping spots?

When we talk about off topic things people get offended and sometimes
even leave the group?

I've been posting here since 1996 and maybe my memory is just poor, but
I honestly don't recall anyone ever leaving the group because they were
offended over a quilting technique.

Maybe we need to get back to basics, follow our charter and share our
quilting.

Just something to think about.

marcella
Old November 22nd 05, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I think as wild as we get is hand quilting vs.
machine quilting. : )
You are right Marcella. I'm up to my neck in pies today
and going to take a break to do some quilting in a bit.
No matter what my sewing helps me relax.
Taria

Old November 22nd 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message

I've been posting here since 1996 and maybe my memory is just poor, but
I honestly don't recall anyone ever leaving the group because they were
offended over a quilting technique.

I dunno, Marcella, people do get pretty worked up over the wash / don't wash
controversy. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old November 22nd 05, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Now that just isn't true Kathy. You know if you
don't wash then you are quilting wrong.
No controversy there ; )

Taria, wondering if it is ok to serve a pie with
a slice missing because the cook needed to test?

Old November 22nd 05, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article UXKgf.289$mJ2.65@trnddc02, Taria
wrote:

Taria, wondering if it is ok to serve a pie with
a slice missing because the cook needed to test?

Yes, you put the individual slices on plates and deliver them to the
table, then who would know?

Works well with cakes too. ;-)

marcella
Old November 22nd 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And brownies. Just cut them and put them on a serving tray, arranged
nicely.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 22nd 05, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

and no one cares after the full effects of that first brownie kick in. )
if ya dont get it, dont ask, lol.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Queen of Squishies" wrote...

Old November 22nd 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

welcome, Linda.
this is usenet, you get anything and everything.
just set up a filter to skip the OT (off topic) if that is your preference.
we do discuss quilting here but like a real quilting bee when the usually
ladies sat around the frame chatting about all things in their lives, we do
the same here.
we all have our moments, good and not so good, oh well. thats life, eh.

grab a cuppa and pull up a comfy chair and stick around a while.
if you feel like it do tell us abit about yourself and your quilting.
got anywhere online we can go see pix of your work?

we're a nosey lot here so be prepared for more questions and watch out for
the begs, geez, you guys, give the lady a chance to find her place round the
frame.
pass the m'n'ms please, ok, who took the bowl this time????
some of them you just cant trust with that bowl of chocolate, lol.
ok, time to check and see whos hiding under the frame with it.
hmmmm. well lookie who i see, not again. arghhhh.
its always the same ones. )
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting

"Roger Edgington" wrote...
I am new to this site. Trying it out. Not sure I will stay. I came for
the quilting information and feed back, NOT all the other stuff. I would
be
much happier with this site if it stayed more on topic.
Linda E.

"Marcella Peek" wrote...

Old November 22nd 05, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You want apple, pumpkin or both?

Taria

Jan wrote:

Oh no... you better serve that pie with two peices missing.... one for me
and one for you;-).... and of course you wash your fabric and you quilt it
however it tells you it wants to be quilted :-)

Jan

Old November 22nd 05, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am being totally OT here but.... I was at the store today and they
had bags of BIG m&m's. They were noticeably larger than the usual size.
Have you seen those yet?

marcella

Email change notice SlinkyToy Yarn 4 October 25th 04 12:13 AM
NOTICE: Mini Round Robin Delayed One Day Melissa in NJ Quilting 0 March 2nd 04 03:28 AM
CRAFT SHOW NOTICE James and Karen Stewart General Crafting 0 October 27th 03 12:35 AM
CRAFT SHOW NOTICE James and Karen Stewart Doll Houses 0 October 27th 03 12:34 AM
CRAFT SHOW NOTICE James and Karen Stewart Beads 0 October 27th 03 12:34 AM