I need an idea

Old August 23rd 05, 03:17 PM
crna_ofca

Default I need an idea

a friend is getting married, and she asked me to make her a necklace.
she is wearing this dress:
http://www.drahoshcreations.com/wedd...lin_Rrouge.jpg
only without beaded straps. what kind of necklace to make? i wanted
something simple, but she is not very slim, so it doesnt fit her well,
and besides, she likes "richer" jewelry with bigger beads of couple of
strands of beads.. and i am completly without ideas:/

--
http://crnaofca.blog.hr/
Old August 23rd 05, 03:43 PM

how about a shorter multi-strand lariat with white opal swarovski
crystals and freshwater pearls in varying shades of white and cream?

-Amber.

Old August 23rd 05, 04:24 PM

if you only use a few for a bit of extra sparkle, it'd look just fine
I'm sure. The dress picture isn't big enough for me to get a good look
at the embellishments on it though, so I can't say for sure.

-Amber.

Old August 23rd 05, 10:06 PM
Christina Peterson

It looks to me like the dress is simple enough that you could feature a wide
choker with several strands of gem stones and crystal. Misc and irregular
shaped stones. Below each multi spacer you can hang crystal drops.

Tina

Old August 23rd 05, 11:13 PM
Fragile Warrior

"crna_ofca" wrote in message
a friend is getting married, and she asked me to make her a necklace. she
is wearing this dress:
http://www.drahoshcreations.com/wedd...lin_Rrouge.jpg
only without beaded straps. what kind of necklace to make? i wanted
something simple, but she is not very slim, so it doesnt fit her well, and
besides, she likes "richer" jewelry with bigger beads of couple of strands
of beads.. and i am completly without ideas:/

Could you make the beads into a headpiece, perhaps? Maybe even something
that comes down a bit on the forehead?

OR, how about a strand of beads that fit tighter around her neck but go over
her shoulders and hang down in back to echo the V in the lacing?

Old August 24th 05, 02:11 AM
katieW.

hmmmmmmm...........

First off, I LOVE the dress. absolutely DROOL-WORTHY!

Is the dress as blindingly white-white as it appears in the picture? If
so, I'd worry that the pearls would end up looking "dirty"... either
that or make sure to find the whitest pearls available.

A few questions: is she going with gold or silver? What are the
wedding "colors" ?

with that in mind, and given the dramatic flair of the dress, the fact
that she likes bolder jewelry and is not a tiny woman (who couldn't
pull it off)here is what I see (without knowing the answers to my above
questions)

A hand-linked necklace that is just slightly longer than 'choaker'
using 8mm Swaro Crystal AB and either pearls or a stone/crystal in one
of the wedding colors. A second 'layer' starting just in front of the
shoulders using 6mm of the above, with a crystal or pearl drop at the
center. (this will cause the necklace to echo the neckline) (you could
even do a plain sencond layer and a 3rd layer with the pendant, but I
think that would be too much) I would also do a second layer to the
back, just alternating the stones/crystals in the hand linking. It
should drape in a nice soft arc, which is how the dress will shape in
the back on someone not model size 2.

does that make any sense?? If not, say so, and I will either sketch or
make up a sample of what I mean.

my 2 cents!

Katie

Old August 24th 05, 04:42 PM
crna_ofca

katieW. wrote:

First off, I LOVE the dress. absolutely DROOL-WORTHY!

it is really beautiful

Is the dress as blindingly white-white as it appears in the picture? If
so, I'd worry that the pearls would end up looking "dirty"... either
that or make sure to find the whitest pearls available.

it is really that white:/ but i think i have found pearls white enough

A few questions: is she going with gold or silver? What are the
wedding "colors" ?

silver, so i used silver clasp. and here there are no wedding colors
(you meant flowers, maids, and so?). everything is white, flowers,
decorations, table cloths, even his suit

A hand-linked necklace that is just slightly longer than 'choaker'
using 8mm Swaro Crystal AB and either pearls or a stone/crystal in one
of the wedding colors. A second 'layer' starting just in front of the
shoulders using 6mm of the above, with a crystal or pearl drop at the
center. (this will cause the necklace to echo the neckline) (you could
even do a plain sencond layer and a 3rd layer with the pendant, but I
think that would be too much) I would also do a second layer to the
back, just alternating the stones/crystals in the hand linking. It
should drape in a nice soft arc, which is how the dress will shape in
the back on someone not model size 2.

well, i couldnt find everything you suggested, so here is what did i do.
http://crnaofca.blog.hr/arhiva-2005-08.html#1615107255

i made it from pearls (fake ones), crystals, and some glass beads that
look cracked inside. it is much more shiny in real life

Old August 24th 05, 05:08 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Very pretty! I like that looped design.

And thank you for the link to my site - that's very nice of you!!

Can I/we ask - what *is* your first name? I feel weird referring to you
as CRNA all the time, lol.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old August 24th 05, 05:40 PM
crna_ofca

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Very pretty! I like that looped design.

thanks i wasnt sure how will it look like, i wanted to connect that
two rows of beads without some metal parts

And thank you for the link to my site - that's very nice of you!!

well, not like it will be useful to you, since i dont have many visits,
but i really admire your work

Can I/we ask - what *is* your first name? I feel weird referring to you
as CRNA all the time, lol.

crna means black and ofca is sheep maybe i should use my real name
here? but then i would feel weird

my first name is Iva. that is like 3rd most common name in my country
its one of croatian names for tree that is called weeping willow in
english

--
http://crnaofca.blog.hr/

Need Feedback - charity pattern idea Lazygirl Quilting 21 March 17th 05 07:13 PM
crazy idea Johanna Koski Beads 3 March 16th 05 05:04 PM
Christmas gift idea -- Christian men spampot Yarn 1 November 25th 04 03:26 PM
Had an idea for a bracelet, wish me luck! Beadseeker Beads 0 November 12th 04 05:30 PM
An Idea Jalynne Beads 30 July 31st 03 05:15 AM