New(ish) Earrings (blatent showing off)

Old August 22nd 05, 06:48 PM
m3rma1d

Default New(ish) Earrings (blatent showing off)

WARNING this link may contain words/language offensive to some people..

Since everyone has differing levels of tolerances regarding stuff like that,
I'll just say if it were TV, I'd be on cable... the good kind (NO, not
nudiepeople cable, just the cable channels that don't drive you crazy with
all that BEEP BEEP BEEPing... GOD how irritating IS THAT? I'm PAYING for
cable, I'd like to understand the storylines that get lost in censors
sometimes ARGH...)

Where was I?

Oh yeah... NEWish EARRINGS
I've been wearing these babies solid 'cos I am too proud to take them off
(except to take these crappy pics today... which I feel foolish for, I do
take a good pic when I'm trying harder), anyways, WHEEEEEEEEE I love these &
wanted to show here :-)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/spa...ss/146945.html

Made of rainbow moonstone, labradorite, iolite, and some sterling that I
managed to bend & torch (etc, etc..) into prettyness. Does anyone know if
this sort of counts as filligree? I think so, but I'm scared to call it
that... (filigree seems so... I dunno, "regal"... I'm just a clumsy goofball
trying to make stuff that's pretty)

I wonder if not filligree, what this style of silverwork is called. I need
words/descriptions for when I finally get around to launching my new
jewelry-only site thingy... (as opposed to creativespill, which I'll have as
a catch-all for all the other crap I make/build/do/write/etc)

ZANG!

-- m3rma1d
--
www.creativespill.com
To reply in email, remove my panties.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:25 AM
Kalera

Gorgeous earrings... wow! And probably the most hilarious earring pics
I've ever seen!

http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 23rd 05, 05:20 AM
melinda

m3rma1d wrote:

[small snippage]
[...]

Nice, are they as big as they look in the photos?
They look huge! Very nice work all the same.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 23rd 05, 07:51 AM
Kandice Seeber

ROFL - the earrings are gorgeous! I totally know what you mean about taking
pics of earrings, though - it's such a pain in the ass!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old August 23rd 05, 08:28 AM
Lilyflower

Those earrings are awsome! I'd love to meet them in person.
Couldn't agree more about the words for photography. I'm still trying
to master it and the words out of my mouth are at least as bleepable as
yours!
Peace,
Lilyflower

Old August 23rd 05, 04:32 PM
Kalera

It's the word "f#cker" (edited for the sensitive among us) that had me
rolling on the floor. OMG! Moxley kept glancing over but I could tell he
wasn't about to ask me why I was laughing at a pair of earrings. I so,
so, so know what you mean!

Old August 23rd 05, 06:20 PM
m3rma1d

Kalera wrote:

It's the word "f#cker" (edited for the sensitive among us) that had me
rolling on the floor. OMG! Moxley kept glancing over but I could tell he
wasn't about to ask me why I was laughing at a pair of earrings. I so, so,
so know what you mean!

BWAHAHA. I really love that you "got it", that was exactly WHY I posted it
that way, instead of waiting and taking a better pic...

As you may have seen if you read the replies, most of my poor friends kinda
didn't get this one, which I understand... Hey, I know I'm a whackaloon!

It's cute--In most circumstances, they've learned my umm.... sense of
humor/general personality--but this was a case of them sorta forgetting
that, and rushing to be supportive of me (the darlings)
I must admit though, it's getting harder & harder to come up with WTF to say
each time I find myself needing to reply to their sweet and sincere
suggestions now

I wonder if Andy Kauffman felt like this a lot.

:-D

-- m3rma1d

Old August 23rd 05, 10:45 PM
Dr. Sooz

I WANT TO BUY SOME OF YOUR FILIGREE !!!!!!

Old August 23rd 05, 10:47 PM
Dr. Sooz

Kalera said, uncharacteristically:
"It's the word "f#cker" (edited for the sensitive among us) that had me
rolling on the floor."
~~~~~~~~~
****er ****er ****er ****er

Old August 24th 05, 02:53 AM

Kandice Seeber wrote:
ROFL - the earrings are gorgeous!

absolutely totally agree!

I totally know what you mean about taking
pics of earrings, though - it's such a pain in the ass!

thank you thank you thank you, so it's not just me and my lousy
camera ...

Aloha,

Maren
Tropical seeds - Job's Tears Jewelry - Plants & Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/