OT but I'll bet you could make these with your beadie tools

Old August 18th 05, 03:31 PM
Mystified One

Default OT but I'll bet you could make these with your beadie tools

I saw something similar on The Carol Duval Show. I'm amazed, did a search,
and found this!

It's apparently really popular in the netherlands, but I hadn't seen it
before. Now you know what you can do with your old AOL CD's!

http://home.planet.nl/~bas.heesakker..._cd_frames.htm

It's one of those art forms that always amazes people but they put it on the
back burner for later.

I just need to finagle the Dremmel from DH....

Old August 18th 05, 03:47 PM
Shirley Shone

Like I need a hole in the head I need another hobby.
Actually I have been doing stitching cards for awhile now.
Shirley

In message ,
Mystified One writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old August 18th 05, 03:48 PM

wow. I never even thought of doing something like that. That's actually
really interesting..certainly a good use for junk CDs and such.

-Amber.

Old August 18th 05, 11:10 PM
Dr. Sooz

Paper artists and altered-art artists have been molesting CDs for ages.

Old August 19th 05, 12:38 AM
Kandice Seeber

What a cool idea!! We get so many of these cd's in the mail from Earthlink,
AOL and more. Nice to see something good being done with them!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old August 19th 05, 04:56 AM
Mystified One

I myself have a unique coaster collection, not to mention I've seen people
hang them from their ficus.

Old August 19th 05, 05:58 AM
Polly S.

Mystified One wrote:
I myself have a unique coaster collection, not to mention I've seen people
hang them from their ficus.

My mom has them hanging outside from her trees on long enough line to
spin and catch the sun... she glues 2 of them label to label.

What surprised me is that dragonflies love them... bits of light
flashing around and dragonflies flitting back and forth, chasing after!
We estimated almost 50+ dragonflies at one time, few weekends ago. She
lives near a marsh, so there have always been a lot of them... just
never this many!

--
Polly
Old August 19th 05, 06:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

Kandice the Wonderful One said:
"What a cool idea!! We get so many of these cd's in the mail from
Earthlink, AOL and more. Nice to see something good being done with
them!"
~~~~~~~~~~
Honey -- you should see the BOOKS I've seen made with CDs as their
PAGES. AWESOME.

Old August 19th 05, 06:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

BTW:
If you should happen to receive a CD in a tin, I would LOVE to have it.
The tin, I mean. You can send it to me! I will pay for postage! I
collect them and alter them and they are SOOO bitchen afterward!!!!!

SEND ME YOUR CD TINS.

Old August 19th 05, 07:04 AM
Shirley Shone

Talking about dragonflies I had a close encounter with one yesterday.
We had on flitting around the garden but not staying still long enough
to take a picture.
A little later on I went to get the laundry off the line. I had an
armful of clothes, with my cardigan hanging over my arm on top of them
all.
I turned around to go in the house and I looked down to see the
dragonfly perched on my cardigan. He was of the green and black variety
and had a wingspan of at least 6 inch.
I hardly dare breath for I did not want to frighten him away. I tried
calling DH to bring the camera but he did not hear.
Then he flew off but it was a lovely feeling to have been so close to
one, until 2 years ago I had never seen one in real life.
Shirley

In message , Polly S.
writes