Quilting day 2 or is it 3?

Old January 23rd 05, 09:28 PM
KJ

Default Quilting day 2 or is it 3?

I've started working on a kit got for my birthday a year and a half ago.
Here's the picture.

http://www.creativecurves.com/wwhirlpool.htm

I cut all the pieces out quite a while ago, and after that it was going to
be a while before I felt like working with it again.
But today was the day! It will NOT be finished be the end of our quilting
week!
I'm determined to sew up some of the kits I've accumulated over the years.
They are nice for "mindless" projects, but having more than one or two
around is, for lack of a better word, wasteful.
--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old January 23rd 05, 09:45 PM
maryd

That's pretty. I haven't attempted curves yet. I'm still trying to master
straight lines. :-)

I am trying to complete projects that I started last year. And doing a
pretty good job too. Yesterday I pulled out a mystery quilt that I had put
up when half done. I'm almost done with the top now. Finished size is 58 x
73 inches.

I think this is day 3--wasn't Friday day 1?
--
Mary
:
: http://www.creativecurves.com/wwhirlpool.htm
:
: I cut all the pieces out quite a while ago, and after that it was going to
: be a while before I felt like working with it again.
: But today was the day! It will NOT be finished be the end of our quilting
: week!
: I'm determined to sew up some of the kits I've accumulated over the years.
: They are nice for "mindless" projects, but having more than one or two
: around is, for lack of a better word, wasteful.
: --
: Kathyl
: remove "nospam-" before mchsi
: http://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz
:
:
:

Old January 23rd 05, 11:59 PM
Sandy Foster

In article lGUId.25573$eT5.4875@attbi_s51,
"KJ" wrote:

I've started working on a kit got for my birthday a year and a half ago.
Here's the picture.

http://www.creativecurves.com/wwhirlpool.htm

That's a gorgeous pattern, Kathyl! Are you using similar colors or
different ones?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 24th 05, 12:53 AM
KJ

It's basically the same quilt, since it was a kit. DH saw it in a quilt
shop and bought it for me since he liked it so much. It's not as pretty in
the bag, so I thought I'd better get started on it.

Old January 24th 05, 02:29 AM
Cathy

today, I washed and ironed all the fabric I bought yesterday. Tonight,
I may get some of the applique pieces matched up with fabrics so that I
can start to sew whenever I have time.

Cathy in Vancouver
Old January 24th 05, 02:30 AM
frood

I got 2 quilty books for my birthday today! I got Roly Poly Circus (redwork
patterns) and the new edition of Quilts, Quilts, Quilts! Oh, and chocolate
cake and a case of wine... what more could a quilter want? Well, tomorrow
they go back to school/work, so I can sew! ;-P

--
Wendy
"I could *so* save the world if somebody handed me superpowers." - Dawn

Old January 24th 05, 02:52 AM
taria

Don't you love Mondays? I used to tease that Mondays and Fridays
were my favorites. Friday everyone wraps up their week and we
all get time together and Monday they all go back where they
belong.
Quilt books are fin BD presents. Wine great too!
My day had some quilting in it. I finished the sleeve on a blue star
quilt for a cousin. I also have started repairing a quilt I rescued
out of the neighbors car. She had it spread out for the dogs to romp
on. Broke my heart. Now it is here and I am hoping to fix it and
give her a lesson on how important quilts are when it is done.
Taria

Old January 24th 05, 03:24 AM
handmaiden

KJ wrote:
I've started working on a kit got for my birthday a year and a half ago.
Here's the picture.

Very nice! I might look for something like that for my quilting
companion who's expecting this summer.

Today was all about frogs for me. I have 36 frogs cut out of a couple of
pieces of fabric to use as the centers of blocks for my DH's
Step-mother. At one point, there were frogs and frog bits (ick!) all
over the living room couch! My quilting companion and I cut out all the
squares for her daughter's first quilt today too. I'm hoping to finish
planning the frog quilt tonight and if I'm lucky, get some of the
sashing and whatnot started tonight too. Just have to keep the DH and DS
out of my hair! (I know... good luck with that.)
~handmaiden
Old January 24th 05, 08:24 AM
Patti

That's going to be a super quilt, Kathyl. (I love curves!)
..
In article lGUId.25573$eT5.4875@attbi_s51, KJ
writes
I've started working on a kit got for my birthday a year and a half ago.
Here's the picture.

http://www.creativecurves.com/wwhirlpool.htm

I cut all the pieces out quite a while ago, and after that it was going to
be a while before I felt like working with it again.
But today was the day! It will NOT be finished be the end of our quilting
week!
I'm determined to sew up some of the kits I've accumulated over the years.
They are nice for "mindless" projects, but having more than one or two
around is, for lack of a better word, wasteful.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 24th 05, 12:49 PM
KJ

It's working up pretty cool Patti. My biggest problem is staying away from
it! There seems to be a voice in my head whispering "just one more block,
just one more, just pull out the fabrics for the next block, why not make
that block". I may not get anything else done in the next couple of weeks.
I now have 5 of 30 done. And I started yesterday....but worked almost all
day yesterday!

.