For Canadinas only. Gun control again.

Old July 30th 03, 02:19 AM
Allison and Chip Orange

Default For Canadinas only. Gun control again.

Jim,

Have been meaning to write to you for some time about this. Although you
should do everything in your power to do something about this, Canadians
should see their glass as at least half full. You are so much farther along
than the United States as far as this is concerned.

Read an article the other day about how many Americans are considering
moving to Canada because of recent political problems here and that Canada
seem so much more civilized than the US. I will consider it, but only when
you guys get a BIG heater. I think my blood has thinned from living so long
in Florida!

Allie Orange

"F.James Cripwell" wrote in message
I suspect most Canadians have heard on the news how a small boy had
his eyesight threatened by a pellet from a pellet gun. Not to say that
the fragments of the pellet may remain in his brain forever. I had not
realized that these weapons were not considered to be "guns" from a legal
point of view, if their muzzle velocity was less than a certain amount.

So
far as I am concerned, a gun, is a gun, is a gun.
I appeal to Canadians who feel the same way I do, to lobby your
Federal Member of Parliament, as I am going to do; he just happens to be
John Manley. Tell them that so far as Federal legislation is concerned,
*all* guns, no matter what the muzzle velocity is, should come under the
same Act of Parliament. And if by so doing we ban some forms of toy guns,
so be it. Safety is far more important than other sorts of issues. TIA.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any

funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM
humidiity control sandi Pottery 3 September 4th 03 08:14 PM
WTB: Bernina foot control John B Marketplace 0 September 3rd 03 01:07 AM