Paternayan yarn numbers

Old February 6th 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Meg

Default Paternayan yarn numbers

replying to elderberry22, Meg wrote:
elderberry22 wrote:

bungadora wrote:
As a followup, the only reference I have been able to find to a
conversion chart was Needlepoint News, March-April 1982. Otherwise

google search suggested contacting JCA. Their website is
http://www.jcacrafts.com/index.php/

I think I'll do some needlepoint now.
Dora

Thank you VERY MUCH. I was able to buy a copy of this magazine on
eBay. Now if I can just figure out how much yarn, I will be set.

Hi,

I have this same book and am wanting to do Chilly Observation. Did the
magazine you purchased help with the conversion of colors? If so, are you
willing to share? Thank you!

Meg

Old October 13th 17, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Friday, November 10, 2006 at 5:03:25 PM UTC, elderberry22 wrote:
Here's some mo
400-770
401-771
402-772
403-DISC
404-DISC
405-DISC
406-DISC
408-DISC
409-DISC
410-DISC
411-DISC
414-881
416-883
419-DISC
420-DISC
423-DISC
424-800
425-DISC
426-884
427-701
430-DISC

elderberry22 wrote:
306=disc
308=disc
310=disc
311=510
312=disc
314=511
318=disc
321=571
322=disc
323=disc
330=502
334=501
340=520
342=522
346=disc
350=disc
352=523
354=524
355=disc
365=500
367=521
380=512
381=513
382=514
385=503
386=504
389=disc
391=disc
392=disc
395=505
396=506
more to follow..................

Thank you so much for doing this. I too have been in touch with Saco Dye in Maine, who took over from JCA, without any success. Pure fluke that I came across this Google forum with these 11 year old posts, but I am very happy to have this information.
Old April 27th 18, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
butchy0

replying to elderberry22, butchy0 wrote:
elderberry22 wrote:

Here's some mo
400-770
401-771
402-772
403-DISC
404-DISC
405-DISC
406-DISC
408-DISC
409-DISC
410-DISC
411-DISC
414-881
416-883
419-DISC
420-DISC
423-DISC
424-800
425-DISC
426-884
427-701
430-DISC

elderberry22 wrote:
306=disc
308=disc
310=disc
311=510
312=disc
314=511
318=disc
321=571
322=disc
323=disc
330=502
334=501
340=520
342=522
346=disc
350=disc
352=523
354=524
355=disc
365=500
367=521
380=512
381=513
382=514
385=503
386=504
389=disc
391=disc
392=disc
395=505
396=506
more to follow..................

I know this thread is 12 years old, but I was hoping it was still active
somehow. Elderberry22 was kindling listing the conversion chart number of old
to new Paternayan yarn colors, but the listing stops with old 430, and the old
numbering system kept going up from there. Was the rest of the conversion
numbers ever listed?

Old October 18th 18, 07:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

There is a chart listed on Ebay on heavy card stock. Seller: Centuries of Threads

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:44:04 PM UTC-4, butchy0 wrote:
replying to elderberry22, butchy0 wrote:
elderberry22 wrote:

Here's some mo
400-770
401-771
402-772
403-DISC
404-DISC
405-DISC
406-DISC
408-DISC
409-DISC
410-DISC
411-DISC
414-881
416-883
419-DISC
420-DISC
423-DISC
424-800
425-DISC
426-884
427-701
430-DISC

Dealing with left over yarn Yarn 31 January 19th 05 08:15 PM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 04:09 PM
Frizelle Olympe "34" yarn SlinkyToy Yarn 0 September 22nd 03 02:30 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM
Yarn Substitution SlinkyToy Yarn 5 August 23rd 03 06:34 AM