Harlequin patterned paper

Old December 18th 03, 08:17 PM
Paula Salvadore

Default Harlequin patterned paper

I am obsessed with finding harlequin patterned paper. You know,
diamonds. I bought a giant stamp with the pattern but it's so big
it's hard to stamp. I've looked at the various scrapbooking/stamping
stores in my area but can't find the paper. Any suggestions for
online sources? Thanks. Paula
Old December 18th 03, 09:11 PM
Cecelia Medbery

I bought a giant stamp with the pattern but it's so big
it's hard to stamp.

Have you tried doing it "backwards"? When I have a large background stamp,
I lay it face up and turn the ink pad face down to ink it. Then I put the
paper on top of the stamp and roll a rubber brayer on it (making sure the
paper doesn't shift) then when I take the paper off the image is always
perfect.

Cecelia

Old December 18th 03, 09:12 PM
Pat Kight

Paula Salvadore wrote:
I am obsessed with finding harlequin patterned paper. You know,
diamonds. I bought a giant stamp with the pattern but it's so big
it's hard to stamp. I've looked at the various scrapbooking/stamping
stores in my area but can't find the paper. Any suggestions for
online sources? Thanks. Paula

How about gift wrap? I haven't seen a harlequin pattern in particular
(haven't been looking), but I find well-stocked gift-wrap stores a great
source of unusual paper patterns.

A tip for using giant stamps (the ones too hard to comfortably fit in
your hand): Lay down a few layers of newsprint as a cushion, then place
the stamp on it, image-side up. Ink it well, carefully lay the paper
down on it, and brayer the reverse side of the paper to pick up the
image. Lift paper straight up when removing it from the stamp. With some
practice, this technique (used in print-making) works quite well for
large stamps.
--
Pat Kight

Old December 18th 03, 10:11 PM
Nancy Handy

Paula Salvadore wrote:
I am obsessed with finding harlequin patterned paper. You know,
diamonds. I bought a giant stamp with the pattern but it's so big
it's hard to stamp.

I just ordered from Addicted to Rubber Stamps during their free shipping
promotion. One stamp I bought was a small solid diamond shape from
Magenta. You ink it up and make your own harlequin design as she or
Marise did on a Carol Duvall segment. When she inked it up, she put
another color on one edge to give it some shading and dimension.

Nancy

AD: Only a few hours left for 30% off patterned paper sale Nicole Boucher General Crafting 0 January 29th 05 06:53 PM
sticking paper to plastic Nick Charnley General Crafting 2 June 5th 04 05:41 PM
source for pre-cut bible paper Eric General Crafting 0 May 28th 04 04:40 PM
paper juliasb(nospam) Rubberstamps 0 November 9th 03 05:47 PM
CHINESE PAPER CUT ITEMS HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:48 AM