Anvil Chorus Quilt

Old March 11th 16, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Anvil Chorus Quilt

In McCall's quilting magazine Sept./Oct. 2013 page 86 is the Anvil Chorus quilt I am in the process of making. I plan on changing the quilt a little by putting just 2 1/2 in rows sewn together as strips for sashing and a 4 patches all around the outer quilt as a border. The quilt calls for 2 1/2 in sqs and 6 1/2 inch sqs., double strips for all sashings. I also am making the blocks bigger because they used 8 inch squares. The quilt calls for fall colors but they are too dark for me, so will use brighter ones. Love this scrappy look. Sorry, don't have any way to post a picture. There are 4 small half squares and 2 large half squares and two solid background squares make up the block. Hope someone has this magazine and can post a picture for me.
Sandy$
Old March 11th 16, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:32:24 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hope someone has this magazine and can post a picture for me.

I don't have this magazine, but I have a computer with internet access,
and a little bit of knowledge how to do a google search, and am pretty
sure this is a picture of the quilt you are talking about (it has the
same name, Anvil Chorus Quilt, and is from the magazine you cite, McCalls
QuickQuilts September/October 2013 edition): http://
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccal...ting/articles/
Anvil_Chorus_Scrappy_Traditional_Lap_Quilt_Pattern

Brian Christiansen
Old March 12th 16, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Nothing showed on this quilt when I went to your address. Could you be more pacific? I do appreciate any help you can give me.
Sandy$
Old March 12th 16, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
vcardx[_2_]

You have to copy both rows of the address - the underlined portion and the
part that is directly beneath. Copy into search bar and it should work.

-vcardx

Old March 12th 16, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 08:36:27 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Brian,
Nothing showed on this quilt when I went to your address. Could you
be more pacific? I do appreciate any help you can give me.
Sandy$

Here is a tinyurl that fits all on one line and doesn't need to be copied
pasted into a browser:
http://tinyurl.com/zozbxu8

Brian Christiansen

Old March 12th 16, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Vdardx and Brian,
You can also find this quilt block at www.quilterscache.com
Then look down the A's through ___. There is an 8 in and also a 12 inch. I am doing the 12 inch one.
Sandy$
Old March 12th 16, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I also went directly to the internet and typed: www.mccallsquilting.com/anvil chorus.sept./oct.2013 and it came up, the exact quilt I am making.
Sandy$
Old March 13th 16, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Yes this is the quilt I am in the process of making. Thank you so much for making this simple for me but also others who want to see this quilt. Thank you for all your help.
Sandy$