Kenmore Needles

Old November 19th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Kenmore Needles

A friend asked about needles for her older 1960's Kenmore sewing machine
that she got after her sister had passed over. It has been awhile since I
had a Kenmore and used the cams. Which needles do you use for the
embroidery stitches? Thank you!
Barbara in FL

Old November 20th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Barbara, it looks like everybody else is thawing a turkey or hunting
Grandma's recipe for pumpkin pie so I'll answer just to keep you company.
You know, Kenmore = Sears and Sears does not make sewing machines. I have
just no idea whether Singer made the 1960 model sm for Sears. Could have
been another sm brand, maybe a White or Necchi. (sp?)
It could be that you could Google around and find the answers or just
hold tight until adult supervision arrives here. Polly

m...

Old November 20th 11, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Googled and found this.

www.kenmore.com/Sewing-Accessories

I couldn't look further since the site was temporarily down for updates.

Steven
Alaska

Old November 20th 11, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thanks Polly & Steven!
Barbara

Old November 20th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO

On Nov 19, 2:59*pm, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
A friend asked about needles for her older 1960's Kenmore sewing machine
that she got after her sister had passed over. *It has been awhile since I
had a Kenmore and used the cams. *Which needles do you use for the
embroidery stitches? *Thank you!
Barbara in FL

I purchased a new Kenmore a couple of years ago from Sears and got an
extra pack of needles while I was there. Have since gone through all
of them and went back to get some more. Ummmmm, they don't carry them
anymore. Was told that I could use the generic ones. Not sure if you
can get them online or not. I was in an immediate hurry for them and
didn't have a chance at the time to look.

Cindy
Old November 21st 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO"

Thanks C?indy!
Barbara

Old November 21st 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

On 20/11/2011 10:48 AM, Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO wrote:
On Nov 19, 2:59 pm, "Bobbie Sews wrote:
A friend asked about needles for her older 1960's Kenmore sewing machine
that she got after her sister had passed over. It has been awhile since I
had a Kenmore and used the cams. Which needles do you use for the
embroidery stitches? Thank you!
Barbara in FL

I purchased a new Kenmore a couple of years ago from Sears and got an
extra pack of needles while I was there. Have since gone through all
of them and went back to get some more. Ummmmm, they don't carry them
anymore. Was told that I could use the generic ones. Not sure if you
can get them online or not. I was in an immediate hurry for them and
didn't have a chance at the time to look.

Cindy

I have a couple of Kenmore machines. They are made by Janome and if you
can't get Kenmore brand needles then Schmetz needles work just fine.

Allison
Old November 22nd 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maria O[_3_]

I used to collect sewing machines and had several vintage 1950s and
1960s Kenmores. At that time, Sears was importing most of their
machines from Germany and Japan, and they all used the ordinary sewing
machine needles you can get at any sewing store or Walmart. If the
model number, on a plate under the front of the machine, starts with
117, 148 or 158, it's probably a standard 15-class type. This type of
needle is called by a number of designations, including 15x1, 705 and
HAx1, among others. HTH.

Maria in Not-so NE PA

On Nov 21, 11:25*am, AllisonH wrote:
[...]

Needles loved and needles hated Aaron Lewis Yarn 27 August 8th 07 10:22 AM
New To Me: Kenmore Gothikka Quilting 2 April 18th 07 01:42 AM
DPN knitting needles for sale (double-pointed needles) marilyn safier Marketplace 0 October 5th 05 07:41 AM
recommendation for Kenmore Patturn27 Quilting 13 October 18th 04 01:58 AM
Needles for a Kenmore SM Barbara Raper Sewing 9 October 9th 04 10:07 PM