big surprise crochet stuff

Old July 23rd 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default big surprise crochet stuff

I acumulated lots of `ends` of Bias ribbons and made them into one big
ball , now i crochet all kinds of little dols or other surprise
`animals with it ,,,,,, big fun ,,,,
mirjam
Old July 24th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 23 Juli, 22:24, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
I acumulated lots of `ends` of Bias ribbons and made them into one big
ball , now i crochet all kinds of little dols or other surprise
`animals with it ,,,,,, big fun ,,,,
mirjam

What fun! This is the kind of thing we'll be doing at my "Subversive
Sewing" workshop this Sat. evening. There's been so much interest and
the whole idea has just grown and grown and now I am feeling a certain
performance anxiety, though! My original thought was to show a bit of
crochet and hairpin lace and how one can use them to make little bags
for mobile phones, etc. Instead, I am scheduled for the main day of
the festival and during the evening "prime time."

Erin

Old July 24th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

OHHHH ERIN BEST OF LUCK TO YOU

make wonder stuff ,,,
mirjam

Old July 25th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Erin you could also , braid or roll threads and than make dolls , how
are you with making Witches on Brooms dolls ,,,,? need instructions ?
mirjam

Old July 25th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 25 Juli, 06:42, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Erin you could also , braid or roll threads and than make dolls , how
are you with making Witches on Brooms dolls ,,,,? need instructions ?
mirjam

I would LOVE instructions!!! The Witches on Brooms sound really cool.

:-)

Erin

Old July 25th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Witch on a Broom doll was big surprise crochet stuff

Well here you are ,,ERIN
i have been making them and teaching others how to make them as long
as i can remember ,,, thus we could say it is a Folklore thing.

You need some colored threads ,,,, a pencil or a Chop stick or any
tiny wooden kind of stick pencil sized.
take one color and wrap it on your other hand on the part after the
thumb ,, wrap so that you have 20+ wraps,
take a diffferent colored thread slip the wraped ring on this thread
and tie a knot with second thread at one place on the wrap. leave long
enough thread for hanging later.
Hold the knotted place,smooth down the rest of the wrap, hold the the
wrap with 2 fingers and make a 2nd wrap at this place ,and knot it.
now you have a `head` between the 2 knots ,,,, put this aside and
make a second wrap on your hand but this time only 5-7 wraps ,,
take second wraped ring and slip it under the `head`, with a another
thread knot the `hips` under the hands.
now make 2 tiny wraps at the ends of the hands . cut the end thread of
the Big wrap opposite to the HEAD ,,, you can embrioder tiny eyes on
the face and add `hair` at will ,,,
YOUR witch is ready ,,,
now make a 3rd hand wrap , if you can do it with RAFIA , or another
Coarse material, make a Head like you did for the witch,
take the pencil or stick , PUSH it into the `head` , and wrap
strongly around the head so that it becomes a broom , cut the threads
at the other end ,,, push the broom stick so that it enters under her
HIP thread and comes out on the other side over the hip thread...
hang it on the Head thread
happy making .
mirjam

Old July 25th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Braided dolls ,,,,
braid several threads together and have at least 1 thicker/ longer
braid and 1 shorter thinner ....
Fold Thicker/longer braid in 2 so that wide sides of the braids face
you , use one thread and sew an invisible seam to get a face

1//////////2/////3//////////
1\\\\\\\\\\2\\\\\3\\\\\\\\ sew from 1.....2
use thin/short braid anf sew it`s middle under the point 2 ,,,
and go on sewing the two parts of the braid [ all the time keeping it
flat now you can embroider the face add hair etc ,,,,,

mirjam
1
Old July 25th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Braided dolls ,,,,
braid several threads together and have at least 1 thicker/ longer
braid and 1 shorter thinner ....
Fold Thicker/longer braid in 2 so that wide sides of the braids face
you , use one thread and sew an invisible seam to get a face

1//////////2/////3//////////
1\\\\\\\\\\2\\\\\3\\\\\\\\ sew from 1.....2
use thin/short braid anf sew it`s middle under the point 2 ,,,
and go on sewing the two parts of the braid [ all the time keeping it
flat now you can embroider the face add hair etc ,,,,,

Mirjam, both your patterns sound really interesting. Is there any
possibility of seeing pictures of the finished "witch on a broom" and the
"braided" dolls (close-ups too if possible)? I'm one of those people who
find it easier to understand a pattern if I can actually see a picture of
the finished item.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old July 25th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi Mirjam
they sound a bit like the ones we used to make, and we used to cut the ends
of the arms and legs and even the head after tie ing up well with thread and
chop short to give a kind of crew cut head and hands and feet..LOL

Higz Cher

Old July 26th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I think Cher that this are the kind of dolls that were made all over
where people had threads ,,, I thought about your version with the
crew cut hair ,,,, one could make both kinds together ,,, it is all
about spreading the fun ,,,,,,,, The Witch on the Broom was my own
made toy ,,, since i remember my self ...
mirjam

Surprise S.E.X! Kate Dicey Quilting 2 May 12th 06 01:43 AM
ebay: Lot of Vintage Steel Crochet Hooks, plus other great stuff! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 January 31st 05 03:04 AM
new crochet and other stuff on ebay marilyn safier Marketplace 0 December 5th 04 06:46 AM
Ot a new surprise !!! Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 18 August 30th 04 11:02 PM
FS: Old Time Crochet, Herrschner's Crochet Patterns, McCall's Crochet Patterns/Magazine marilyn safier Marketplace 0 March 16th 04 06:46 AM