looking for old watercolor pattern

Old January 21st 05, 10:42 PM
Susan Laity Price

Default looking for old watercolor pattern

When watercolor kits first became available there was a kit with a
watercolor background and three black silhouetted crosses appliqued
onto the background. Does anyone else remember this kit or am I
dreaming? Was it in a book? I have done a google search with no
reward. If anyone can send me in the correct direction I would
appreciate it. I thought that design would be a good one for the
Easter wallhanging at the nursing home. Since I can see the
wallhanging so clearly in my mind it wouldn't be hard to recreate but
if there is still a kit available it would save me time.

Susan

Old January 21st 05, 10:55 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
When watercolor kits first became available there was a kit with a
watercolor background and three black silhouetted crosses appliqued
onto the background. Does anyone else remember this kit or am I
dreaming? Was it in a book? I have done a google search with no
reward. If anyone can send me in the correct direction I would
appreciate it. I thought that design would be a good one for the
Easter wallhanging at the nursing home. Since I can see the
wallhanging so clearly in my mind it wouldn't be hard to recreate but
if there is still a kit available it would save me time.

Susan

Can't help with the exact one you are looking for but in WATERCOLOR QUILTS,
p.94, there is a quilt with a large single cross made from watercolor
blocks. The description says: "Glowing sunlight casts its reflection on a
textured backdrop, highlighting the liturgical symbols of Easter and
Pentecost."

I can almost see the one you asked about though, darn it. I think the
problem is, if you are like me, you look at so many patterns and kits and
books and instructions that after a while we are putting stuff together in
our heads that never really existed.

Giselle

Old January 21st 05, 11:16 PM
Helen in MN

Keepsake Quilting used to carry it. I think I saw similar patterns in the
latest catalog. Yu could try calling them and asking.
HTH
Helen in MN

Old January 21st 05, 11:28 PM
maryd

I think I've seen that but not sure where. I have this pattern I would like
to make up this year.
http://www.lucyfazely.com/pattern3.html

--
Mary
"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
: When watercolor kits first became available there was a kit with a
: watercolor background and three black silhouetted crosses appliqued
: onto the background. Does anyone else remember this kit or am I
: dreaming? Was it in a book? I have done a google search with no
: reward. If anyone can send me in the correct direction I would
: appreciate it. I thought that design would be a good one for the
: Easter wallhanging at the nursing home. Since I can see the
: wallhanging so clearly in my mind it wouldn't be hard to recreate but
: if there is still a kit available it would save me time.
:
: Susan
:

Old January 22nd 05, 12:23 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
I remember this; I have a printed picture of it somewhere.
No pattern but look at this:
http://www.janeane.luby.com/wallhangings.html

Ragmop/Sandy

Old January 22nd 05, 12:32 AM
maryd

that would be easy enough to make just looking at the picture and using a
design wall.

--
Mary
" Ellison" wrote in message
. ..
: Howdy!
: I remember this; I have a printed picture of it somewhere.
: No pattern but look at this:
: http://www.janeane.luby.com/wallhangings.html
:
: Ragmop/Sandy
:
: ...

Old January 22nd 05, 05:05 AM
DrQuilter

I don't know where to find it but I know you are not dreaming, I
remember seeing this pattern

Susan Laity Price wrote:

When watercolor kits first became available there was a kit with a
watercolor background and three black silhouetted crosses appliqued
onto the background. Does anyone else remember this kit or am I
dreaming? Was it in a book? I have done a google search with no
reward. If anyone can send me in the correct direction I would
appreciate it. I thought that design would be a good one for the
Easter wallhanging at the nursing home. Since I can see the
wallhanging so clearly in my mind it wouldn't be hard to recreate but
if there is still a kit available it would save me time.

Susan

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 22nd 05, 05:16 AM
Pam

Keepsake Quilting carried a kit like this at one time. Not sure if they still
have it tho. They have a website. Maybe you could try a search there?

Old January 22nd 05, 06:33 AM
Susan Laity Price

Thanks for letting me know I am not dreaming. I had already checked
Keepsake Quilting web page and new catalog. Tomorrow I think I will
call the store and see if by chance they have a kit leftover. None of
our local stores had one.

If I don't find a kit soon I will set a date to visit my friend who
only does watercolor quilts. She will have all the fabric. I just
don't want to go looking for all the fabric I would need to make a
watercolor wallhanging.

Today I made the log cabin heart from Elenaor Burns' "Still Stripping
After 25 Years". Five blocks set on point is large enough. This will
be great for February. Think I need to make two for March, one in
green for St Patrick's Day and another for Easter.

For Christmas I made the VIP Nativity panel and it was beautiful.
Everyone thought I appliqued all the design. I kept telling them that
it came printed that way. I had snowmen planned for January but it is
so late in the month that I thought I would just skip January this
year. When I started giving them seasonal wallhangings I gave them a
generic one for the months when I didn't get a special one finished.
It has been fun to see how interested the residents are in what the
next wallhanging will be.

Susan

Blasted Binding! Dannielle Quilting 32 January 12th 05 08:34 AM
How to fold a shirt! Jalynne Beads 8 August 10th 04 03:09 PM
Fold and Finish quilting Iowan1999 Quilting 15 June 25th 04 01:29 AM
How do you fold your fabric? Jalynne Quilting 15 January 17th 04 02:05 AM
Perfect Mitered Corner Sylvia Blanchard Needlework 4 November 19th 03 06:39 AM