OT giggle

Old January 20th 05, 01:29 AM
maryd

Default OT giggle

This is a true story If you have children you will probably relate to
this father.

As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection.
A thick slab of ham, a fresh bun crisp lettuce and plenty of
expensive, light brown, gourmet mustard.

The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it
to the table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands
but was stopped by my wife suddenly at my side.

"Hold Johnny (our six-week-old son) while I get my sandwich,"
she said.

I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and
was reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a
streak of mustard on my fingers.

I love mustard.

I had no napkin.

I licked it off.

It was not mustard.

No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only
time I have sprinted with my tongue protruding. With a washcloth in
each hand, I did the sort of routine shoeshine boys do; only I did it on
my tongue.

Later (after she stopped crying from laughing so hard) my wife
said, "Now you know why they call that mustard..."Poupon."

Smile, You never know who's watching.

--
Mary

Old January 20th 05, 02:47 AM
Sandy Foster

In article , "maryd"
wrote:

[...]

Ewwwwwww!!!!!!! wiping my own tongue in sympathy
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 20th 05, 11:54 AM
Debi Matlack

*wiping eyes and clutching aching sides*
Thank you for that... I don't have kids but having raised scores of orphaned
baby critters, I can relate. There but for the grace of God....

--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old January 20th 05, 12:47 PM
Kate Dicey

maryd wrote:

This is a true story If you have children you will probably relate to
this father.

Only a man... Women sniff BEFORE licking...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 21st 05, 04:51 PM
TwinMom

Giggle my foot!!! The boys (8) and I are rolling around guffawing!!! Sent
this one on to DH & a few friends. Thanks.

OT a giggle! Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 January 24th 05 10:33 PM
OT immature giggle ~Candace~ Beads 11 September 2nd 04 09:37 PM
OT Lord of the Rings giggle Linda2 Beads 4 August 29th 04 09:16 AM
OT for a quick giggle Polly Esther Quilting 13 May 21st 04 03:37 PM
OT - just a little addition (and giggle) about the fun kids add to life Barbara Otterson Beads 11 May 4th 04 07:48 AM