Anyone feel like this ?

Old January 10th 05, 06:21 PM
Christina In Ok

Default Anyone feel like this ?

I don't' know what it is, but this quilt I just finished pinning, has
been racked with problems.

trouble pinning mostly, (so far)
I got 1/2 of it done pinning before it went dark, but today when I went
over, it was wet, from the wetness in the air, on top of that I found 2
blocks that I don't have turned right!!

Now only that but it cement wasn't all that clean as I thought it was,
when I rolled it up, it is dirty!
and to top that off, It not pined as well as I would have liked ( the
middle and some of the middle sides are, ( but as I got lower on pins I
had to pin less)
Not sure how to go about changing it around since the quilt has already
been pinned up. Should I try to Quilt most of it and leave the turned
around blocks where I can rip out, or should I fix the blocks before I
start to sew..
There IS no way I am going to un-pin this quilt!

Could it be that this quilt reminds me too much of what we lost at the
end of 03, and then for the last part of 04

I feel like just giving this quilt away. and let someone else have it to
quilt.. I wouldn't' want it back and just start on a new quilt.. maybe
the next one would be better, if not then I shouldn't' be quilting at
all, and I am not a quilter after all
anyhow Dh keeps telling me I would be better off working on the web site
, cause at least that doesen't' cost.
and maybe I should not be feeling sorry about this quilt.. and I am just
down today..

--
Christina in Ok
www.gardenbreeze.us

Quilting & Crafts Photos:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cchilb
Old January 10th 05, 07:07 PM
Roberta Zollner

Oh, those contrary blocks -they sneak in all the time! You can call them
design elements. Actually, they are a good thing, they give your quilt some
character and quirkiness all its own. You had a hard couple of years, but
they were YOUR years, and IMO it's not a bad thing to be reminded of how
brave you were. You can look at this quilt and think of all the obstacles
you climbed over. Go ahead and quilt it. The cement dirt will come out when
you wash it. Somebody on the ng IIRC had to spray her pinned quilt with
Febreeze to cover up the dried cat pee, and that has to be worse!
Roberta in D

Old January 10th 05, 07:30 PM
Barbara Raper

Just go on and finish it as it is. It's your quilt and your colors! If
just 2 blocks are turned wrong, well, that just makes it special!
Barbara in SC & FL

Old January 10th 05, 07:43 PM
taria

The quilt I worked on while sitting with mom as she was dying.
She was always my biggest fan. It was supposed to be for my
20th anniversary. I'm trying to get back to it and finish for
the 25th this summer.
Just keep at it Christina.
Taria

Jan wrote:
Yeah... I have one like that.... what I did was put it away for a couple
of years. When I pulled it back out, the memories weren't as painful
and it behaved much better. Sometimes, I think you just listen and put
them up and come back. Big hugs! Always a tough call

Jan

Old January 11th 05, 01:45 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I know exactly how you are feeling. My monster quilt is in the frame,
I've made very little progress on it, I've lost interest in the quilt
and seems to remind me of bad times. I'm tempted to rip out what I have
done and send it off to someone else to quilt.

Maureen

Old January 11th 05, 02:13 PM
Christina In Ok

Maureen Wozniak wrote:
I know exactly how you are feeling. My monster quilt is in the frame,
I've made very little progress on it, I've lost interest in the quilt
and seems to remind me of bad times. I'm tempted to rip out what I have
done and send it off to someone else to quilt.

Maureen

Oh the troubles just keep adding up, now I forgot to put down the
jumping Quilting foot.. Eeeekk what a mess that was to rip.
Will start again with fresh today.. This is not going to stop me, I will
not put it up to save for a latter date. IF it likes it or not, I made
it, and I will quilt it.. no matter what it throws in my face.

Old January 11th 05, 02:47 PM
Susan Laity Price

That's the old Christina we all fell in love with when you first
started quilting and posting to this group. Remember it wasn't that
long ago that you didn't know anything about quilting. Look at all you
have learned in just a few short years. When you first started and
asked questions I wanted to jump on a plane and come and give you a
few lessons. Those of us who live in larger cities and have access to
quilt stores and other quilters forget how fortunate we are. Keep at
it girl!

Susan

Old January 11th 05, 07:58 PM
Christina In Ok

wrote:

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

I know exactly how you are feeling. My monster quilt is in the frame,
I've made very little progress on it, I've lost interest in the quilt
and seems to remind me of bad times. I'm tempted to rip out what I have
done and send it off to someone else to quilt.

Maureen

Oh the troubles just keep adding up, now I forgot to put down the
jumping Quilting foot.. Eeeekk what a mess that was to rip.
Will start again with fresh today.. This is not going to stop me, I will
not put it up to save for a latter date. IF it likes it or not, I made
it, and I will quilt it.. no matter what it throws in my face.

Sometimes I see myself coming back to who I was before, at other times,I
don't' think I will ever get back to that state or who I was before.
watching my MIL slip away from Cancer in the end of 03,
My grandmother, be coming ill with breast cancer (She is doing well not)
Then caring for FIL for almost a year, then watching him slip away
before my eyes.
I see see My FIL at the hospital. for the months he was in the
hospital, at the end, it was sepsis that took him.. I blame the DR's who
placed his life in there care for his death. after watching him get
better, then worse.. and if you know anything what sepsis does to a
living body.. then you know what I am talking about.
as he was dieing, a received a call that my mother was in the hospital
and not well. She is better now and at home, but still has many problems
that will need to be addressed.

NO Susan I don't think I can ever be the same again, I see my old self
is still hidden away, sometimes It does seem to come out, but I don't
think I can ever recover, and this Quilt was going to MY MIL (yes she
drove me batty the last 5 years of her life, but I loved her dearly)
and this Quilt that I am having so much trouble with, was to be hers, It
has been very hard knowing that I have this to finish before moving on.
and I think by finishing it, I will then be able to quilt like I did
before.. So I have to finish it, it has to be fixed.. I will work on the
two blocks, so they will be corrected.

I am still hurting, not only from their death's but from all the after
affects that there other son did to his own dad while living and after.
It is something that I cannot even start to tell someone else.
some days are better then others, but with this quilt brings back so
much, and then to have all this trouble at the end.

Old January 11th 05, 08:52 PM
Patti

Good for you Christina!
There is always one for all of us!
Just think how well you've done since you began as a rookie, such a
short time ago.
I am still in shock that you just 'decided to make your own frame, went
out and did just that! You are amazing - and don't let anyone tell you
different g
..
In article , Christina In Ok
writes

Oh the troubles just keep adding up, now I forgot to put down the
jumping Quilting foot.. Eeeekk what a mess that was to rip.
Will start again with fresh today.. This is not going to stop me, I
will not put it up to save for a latter date. IF it likes it or not, I
made it, and I will quilt it.. no matter what it throws in my face.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 12th 05, 01:49 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Sorry about the ripping. Wish I were there to help you, maybe two of us
could get that quilt to behave.

Maureen