Stitching plans for 2010

Old January 1st 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Stitching plans for 2010

First, a close to done the stitching part is the snowflake SAL running on my
NE-xstitchers group (on Yahoo! this in an inherited job and all New England
Area stitchers are welcome)

Then, I want to get more done on the Baby Dragon project.

Then, I think I'm going to grab a chart I kitted up a while ago.

NEXT!

Cheryl

Old January 1st 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jan 1, 11:54�am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
First, a close to done the stitching part is the snowflake SAL running on my
NE-xstitchers group (on Yahoo! this in an inherited job and all New England
Area stitchers are welcome)

Then, I want to get more done on the Baby Dragon project.

Then, I think I'm going to grab a chart I kitted up a while ago.

NEXT!

Cheryl

First up, finish the "Stitch and Zip" eyeglass case (which
reminds me why I usually don't do painted canvas, give
me counted anything over painted canvases).

Then I think I want to make another Celtic Knot bookmark,
this time in turquoises, for ME.

After that, or maybe before that, I've got several charts
kitted up that will take quite a while, or maybe Laura Perin's
Winter Winds...got stuff for that last summer but got
sidetracked with Xmas ornamnetts, etc.

And somewhere in there I'll tackle one of those fractal
bookmark charts. Sounds like a year for bookmark.
Can never have too many.

Nancy
Old January 1st 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
First, a close to done the stitching part is the snowflake SAL running on my
NE-xstitchers group (on Yahoo! this in an inherited job and all New England
Area stitchers are welcome)

Then, I want to get more done on the Baby Dragon project.

Then, I think I'm going to grab a chart I kitted up a while ago.

NEXT!

Cheryl

I MUST finish my Spring seasonal bell pull that has been waiting
patiently for the better part of a year.
Also in *desperate* need of being finished is the birth sampler for
my DSis's grandson who will be three in mid February. Since I didn't
start it until last year just after his b-day, that's not too late --
LOL! I will be going to TX come 01 March and I would like to take it
with me, all finished and waiting to be hung.
This time last year I started a lovely cat NP project that Val, one
of my Local stitching friends, got me the supplies for 2 or 3
Christmases ago. It has blocks of different stitches done in brightly
colored hand dyed floss. The cat and the lines between the blocks are
stitched in black.
I would *like* to do a wedding sampler for the niece whose son I'm
doing the birth sampler for. She loves bunnies so the birth sampler is
a Peter Rabbit design -- from the illustrations in the Beatrix Potter
books. When I bought the birth sampler chart, I also got a coordinating
Wedding Sampler chart but who know *when* I will get that done!
One can always hope -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 1st 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

I just started "The Houses of Hawk Run Hollow" the other night. So
that's one big project for 2010.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Ca...run_hollow.htm

And I kitted up Emie Bishop's lovely knot garden. Will start that in a
few weeks. That needn't be done until Nov. 2011 if I don't want to rush
it. (Nuthin' like planning ahead, eh?) http://www.emlis.com/crossnpatch.htm

But my New Year's Resolutions OUGHT to be to finish the mermaid sampler.
Right, Ellice?

Sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old January 2nd 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
First, a close to done the stitching part is the snowflake SAL running on
my
NE-xstitchers group (on Yahoo! this in an inherited job and all New
England
Area stitchers are welcome)

Then, I want to get more done on the Baby Dragon project.

Then, I think I'm going to grab a chart I kitted up a while ago.

NEXT!

Cheryl

I finally got started on Victoria Sampler XYZ Sampler.

I have a bunch kitted up and waiting and I have three things to frame. Two
of them I can do myself and the other has to go to the framer. I've been
saying that for about 4 months.

Lucille

Old January 2nd 10, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

On Jan 2, 3:54*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
First, a close to done the stitching part is the snowflake SAL running on my
NE-xstitchers group (on Yahoo! this in an inherited job and all New England
Area stitchers are welcome)

Then, I want to get more done on the Baby Dragon project.

Then, I think I'm going to grab a chart I kitted up a while ago.

NEXT!

Cheryl

Will finish a birth sampler first (baby due Feb 14 but don't want to
take any chances). Then will work on my redwork project for the EGA,
the Eagle in the Moonlight project for the NSW Guild exhibition in May
as well as working on that wedding sampler for my youngest & his wife.
Old January 4th 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Large canvas I got for Christmas last year. I had started it, hated
the way the fish came out the first time and ripped it all out this
weekend. Trying something else now.

Figure out how to do "Amethyst Dreams" again in a primarily red
version. Ellice's list included chile, but that's too brown for me.
I want red and black.

I have a series of animals from Urban Threads that I am stitching and
may make into crib blankets for the local children's shelter. It's
my "take with me" project since it's primarily outline stitching.

One of these days, I *am* going to start Thriller by Sampler Cove
http://www.samplercovedesigns.com/co...riller_big.jpg

linda
Old January 5th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Well, I've finished the blanket for the up-coming grandchild, have
started and finished a hat out of the same yarn and, since there's
still yarn left, will do some booties. Then it's on to the cs "Baby's
first book" by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. DD picked up the fabric for me at
NN over Christmas, so I hope to get that planned out this weekend.
Between times, I'm still working on my ever-present, ever-growing
nativity set. 2nd side of 2nd wiseman. Undoubtedly more baby stuff,
too.

Joan
Old January 10th 10, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

My plans are the same as last year - Finsh Those @$$#@#$ WIPS!
I realized I had several projects going that I actualy want to see
done, so I'm working on them in rotation:

Rex by Dimple Designs
A Series of Saints by Susan Portra
Fractal #38 by Cross Stich Collectibles (done over one on 28 count
black fabric)
Birch Forest by Mystic Stitch (done over 1 on 45 count white fabric)

Then there are various travel projects, 3 different class projects, a
Japanese embroidery started several years ago, and a queen-size quilt
to add into the mix.

Most of these (except the travel projects) are over half done so I'm
getting somewhere. Unfortunately the combination of working full time
and being a slow stitcher means it takes a while to finish anything.
Oh, well. They'll get done. Eventually.