Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Old January 26th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:

I'm retired and I truly do have all the time in the world to knit and
nothing but Usenet and knitting blogs to distract me (although I
may--everyone please cross their fingers for me--have a collie puppy
in a few months).

Well, the puppy with take up all your time for a while, I bet. They
tend to do that.

However, all that means is that I've had all the time in the world to
pull back my Clapotis twice. I just finished demolishing a
half-finished version about an hour ago.

Some day I would love to try that pattern -- it looks so pretty.

$@(*$@)*($@*($&@()$*&@)*$&@)*$*@$(*@&$!#%$&*($%#_% *(& (and she undid
another hand-wound center-pull ball I had made, too, and after two hours
of working on it, I could only rescue about half the yarn and pitched
the other half in frustration. It was a mismatch ball that I was
knitting tesselated fish with, so it's not like a project is getting
ruined because I threw it out.

I know you had a sizable investment in this leg warmer, both in your
work and in the yarn, but why not just toss it out? Save yourself the
frustration. Use the rest of the yarn for something else, like a hat
and scarf, maybe.

This was a different ball of yarn, just plain worsted weight in loden
green, that I was making tessellated fish from.

So much for legwarmers. Maybe I should make a pair in polarfleece
first, draping it to fit, and then just knit a shape to match what shape
the polarfleece ends up being.

Or just give leg warmers a miss entirely.

I actually need them, or I wouldn't be trying to make them.

And I have to find a bigger poochie-proof container for my knitting
before I can start a sweater.

That's a good idea that I'll keep in mind when my puppy arrives.
Puppy-proof bins and high shelves and closed closet doors will be the
order of my day.

I keep a LOT in my room to keep it away from her. Unfortunately, that
means that right now my room is so crowded there isn't much room for me.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old January 27th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message news:479bc156$0
Or just give leg warmers a miss entirely.

I actually need them, or I wouldn't be trying to make them.

Melinda,

I know you have a pattern that you are currently working with, but if you
are not particular about a specific pattern and if you crochet, there is a
nice pattern at freepatterns.com that works up quick.

Here is the link to the pattern:
http://www.freepatterns.com/list.htm...ut+leg+warmers

I have finished one pair for myself and I am getting ready to start a pair
for my MIL.

Christy

Old January 27th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

vanmier wrote:

I know you have a pattern that you are currently working with, but if
you are not particular about a specific pattern and if you crochet,
there is a nice pattern at freepatterns.com that works up quick.

Here is the link to the pattern:

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.htm...ut+leg+warmers

Unfortunately, I can't crochet worth beans, although I can do afghan
stitch (not that I would know how to follow a pattern using it to save
my life, but I digress) (and I am begging you, *****PLEASE***** don't
suggest that I learn how to like everybody usually does when I say that
I don't crochet. I am up to about 40 miles above my eyeteeth trying to
master knitting to a pattern, and I am going ONE step at a time)

The really funny thing about this is that I had just made my daughter a
very nice pair of legwarmers to wear on her way home from work nights on
her bike (she wears a skirt and hose) and they came out perfectly --
used yarn that I had been given that did not come with labels, so I have
no way of replicating them.

However, I did start a pair for myself with different yarn. They aren't
going to be as pretty or as warm, but they will sure be better than nothing.

Old January 27th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Unfortunately, I can't crochet worth beans, although I can do afghan
stitch (not that I would know how to follow a pattern using it to save my
life, but I digress) (and I am begging you, *****PLEASE***** don't
suggest that I learn how to like everybody usually does when I say that I
don't crochet. I am up to about 40 miles above my eyeteeth trying to
master knitting to a pattern, and I am going ONE step at a time)

Don't worry, it took me 25 years to learn how to crochet. *LOL*

The really funny thing about this is that I had just made my daughter a
very nice pair of legwarmers to wear on her way home from work nights on
her bike (she wears a skirt and hose) and they came out perfectly --
used yarn that I had been given that did not come with labels, so I have
no way of replicating them.

However, I did start a pair for myself with different yarn. They aren't
going to be as pretty or as warm, but they will sure be better than
nothing.

Good luck on your knitting! Practice patience and I am sure you will
conquer those leg warmers. : )

Old January 27th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 27, 8:43*am, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
vanmier wrote:

*
*
*http://www.freepatterns.com/list.htm...+chill+out+leg...

[...]

MAKE a Guague SWAYCH of ANY wool you have a Knit yourself a pair , if
you made one for your daughter You CAN make ONE for you , not need to
relplicate it , if the guague is about the same , work the same if not
add or distract a st or 2 ,,, or ???
mirjam

knitting daily [email protected] Yarn 12 November 11th 07 09:11 AM
knitting daily Katherine Yarn 0 November 10th 07 02:28 AM
My daily quilting fix Clooniff Quilting 11 February 3rd 05 10:29 PM
FireHouse Angel Daily 9-12-03 Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 19 September 17th 03 04:04 AM