Free Star Wars knit charts

Old December 30th 05, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default Free Star Wars knit charts

Hi all,

I've finished updating my page sooner than I thought and have added
the knit charts for Vader, C3PO, TIE fighter, Clone Trooper helmet,
and one for a lightsaber filler panel. The crochet charts for these
will be added later.

I've also posted some rough pictures of finished pieces, taken on a
cloudy day so the details of things like R2's dome aren't apparent,
but you should get an overall idea of how they turned out, worth the
massive numbers of ends IMO, as I've never done this type of knitting
before.

Hope those who've visited since I first posted enjoyed what you saw,
and if you're interested in using them for anything, there are more
for you to choose from!

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/swcharts/

Leah
Old January 3rd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

WOW!!! These are awesome!!! So many possibilities...an afghan maybe??

Heather

Old January 4th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Hi Heather,

WOW!!! These are awesome!!! So many possibilities...an afghan maybe??

Thanks! I've been working on them for a while, with the idea that
I'll knit a patchwork cardigan, which is why I made the lightsaber
filler panels, so it'll be made in segments, knitted images with diff
background colors like the finished pieces on my site, with larger
pieces separated by lightsaber panels, and later I'll add crochet
borders in the same color to make the cardigan look more uniform, and
then of course sew them together and add sleeves. It will make the
whole project seem less daunting if I'm not carrying around larger
pieces with hundreds (maybe even over a thousand by the time I get
done) of ends needing to be addressed.

I'm not sure if I should decorate the sleeves or not. I do have an
idea to put the medium sized rebel insignia on one, and on the other
sleeve the Empire's insignia, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

The crochet squares I figured I'd do up in an afghan at a later time,
since crochet is thicker so it'll be nice and warm.

I hope to find enough time to finish the sweater for winter 2006, as
it takes a few hours to knit even the small squares I've got, and then
more hours to weave in all those ends and not too much leisure time to
do it in.

Leah