Anyone feel like this ?

Old January 12th 05, 08:18 PM
Christina In Ok

Maureen, I think today has been a good day,
two blocked are now fixed, and I am ready once again to quilt

Maureen Wozniak wrote:
Sorry about the ripping. Wish I were there to help you, maybe two of us
could get that quilt to behave.

Maureen

Christina In Ok wrote:

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

I know exactly how you are feeling. My monster quilt is in the
frame, I've made very little progress on it, I've lost interest in
the quilt and seems to remind me of bad times. I'm tempted to rip
out what I have done and send it off to someone else to quilt.

Maureen

Oh the troubles just keep adding up, now I forgot to put down the
jumping Quilting foot.. Eeeekk what a mess that was to rip.
Will start again with fresh today.. This is not going to stop me, I
will not put it up to save for a latter date. IF it likes it or not, I
made it, and I will quilt it.. no matter what it throws in my face.

--
Christina in Ok
www.gardenbreeze.us

Quilting & Crafts Photos:
http://community.webshots.com/user/cchilb
Old January 13th 05, 01:55 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Yeah! I'm sure it will go a lot better now. You will post pics when
it's finished, won't you?

Maureen

Old January 21st 05, 10:12 AM
Carol Schwaderer Dickinson

I attend an applique group that meets once a month. I take my beasts
with me. Currently I am trying to finish the last border on a quilt I
started in 1981. It argues with me all the time about what it wants to
be. This year I took out the and pieced log cabin I started in the 70's
which was with the wrong fabric, and ugly as sin. I finished the rest of
the block by machine and have a top finished which will hopefully become
a machine quilted emergency rag for the car soon.

I worked for 10 years on a quilt for my Aunt Evelyn. It was an applique
Dresden plate on an odd shade of tan for backgroudn. Everybody in my
then guild thought it was ugly and I was ostracized to the tabe with
the other quilters who were looked upon as tasteless. I eventually left
the group. But I came back when it was finished with the border and they
couldn't believe how beautiful it was. So many people took time to tell
me they didn't see my vision.

Right now I have several other beasts I'm determined to finish.

But I also have two or three that will NEVER be finished. One I took
apart and made a baby quilt out of the best part. A couple others I've
given away to people who admired them in their unfinished state.

I also have 3 or 4 antique quilts that other people apparantly thought
were beastly. They are on their way to becoming gorgeous treasures.

If you've learned everything you can from an ugly quilt, put it away,
give it away, throw it away. If a little time can help, take it out
again later and fix whatever went wrong. If not, move on.

Of course in my case "later" has often been measured in decades.

Carol

Old January 22nd 05, 11:14 AM
Patti

Wow, Carol
[...]