OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

Old September 4th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
She in PA

Default OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

I just heard that Steve was killed in a freak accident off the coast of
Australia. A stingray barb went through his chest and punctured his heart.

She in PA

Old September 5th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tigg

Oh man! And him with two small children.

I honestly thought I'd hear about him getting eaten by a crocodile, but
never wished it on him, nor this. That is really terrible.

Tigg

Old September 5th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KittyG

Just heard that as well. Hard to believe, I didn't agree with everything he
did but he was so full of life.

Doing something he loved, at least.

--
KittyG

~kitty in phx~

http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old September 5th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Edward W. Thompson

She in PA wrote:
I just heard that Steve was killed in a freak accident off the coast of
Australia. A stingray barb went through his chest and punctured his heart.

She in PA

The man made a fortune baiting animals for your entertainment. At
last an animal 'said' enough. Why is his death anymore 'terrible'
than the death of anyone else? Are you in to animal baiting?
Old September 5th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sparky

"And him with two small children."

Can we learn more about the woman who decided he was a good choice to
be a husband and a father?

Old September 5th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Sparky wrote:
"And him with two small children."

Can we learn more about the woman who decided he was a good choice to
be a husband and a father?

Okay, that's enough.

You don't like Steve Irwin, fine, no one says you have to. You don't
have any sympathy for his widow, fine, no one says you have to. But you
could wait a few days before speaking ill of the dead, out of respect
for those he left behind and those the world over who grieve his death.

--

blackrosequilts
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message,

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
------- -\. -------- __o
---- ( )/ ( ) -------- -\.
--------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old September 5th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sparky

Sweetie, I can tell you're upset, but you've really jumped to a lot of
wrong conclusions based on one comment I made which wasn't even
directed at you. I'm going to suppose you're suffering deeply and
you're lashing out due to your pain, but you don't know how I felt
about Irwin and you don't know that I don't have sympathy for his widow
or respect for anyone who grieves for him.

Old September 5th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

This is as good a time as any to jump in (and see if I can post).

Sparky, I jumped to the same conclusion as Black Rose. It really sounded as
if you were disrespecting a man that I would be proud to choose as a husband
and father. He was a generous, loving, giving man. The world is a sadder
place without him in it.

I have read your comments before, and either you have a poor writing skill,
or you really are snarky, sparky. If Rose and I are reading you incorrectly,
perhaps you ought to learn to re-read your posts before sending, and asking
yourself if what you write will be interpreted as you intend. Readers can
not always tell the correct intention, so it is up to writers to make
themselves as clear as possible, given the lack of facial expression or tone
of voice, or even the opportunity to re-speak instantly, clearing up
possible misinterpretations.

If one could choose one's demise, Steve probably would have chosen something
like this - dying while doing something he loved, but it's so unfortunate it
didn't happen when he was 104, instead. He was the same as my husband is
now, and my whole family is grieving his loss.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
ups.com...

Old September 5th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sparky

Okay, this really is just TOO Freaking much. I posted ONE sentence and
suddenly both of you want to tell me how I feel, how I *should* feel,
how I write and how I should write, the deficiiencies in my previous
posts, and so on. Who died and made the two of you the Message Police?
If you don't like what I write, then don't read it. I don't
particularly like some of the threads on here either, but I don't feel
the need to chastise anyone for them.

I come here for pleasure and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback
even though I've only been here a short time. I've been online for
over 15 years and I've never been told the things you are telling me.
I have a degree in English, and I do of course read over my posts
before I post them. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, and if I
don't seem to feel what you want me to feel then oh well.

This thread is off topic anyway, and I probably shouldn't contribute to
that.

Old September 5th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

I apologize. Your post was in reply to this one:

The man made a fortune baiting animals for your entertainment. At
last an animal 'said' enough. Why is his death anymore 'terrible'
than the death of anyone else? Are you in to animal baiting?

and I took your words

Can we learn more about the woman who decided he was a good choice to
be a husband and a father?

on top of that post as a slam to Terri Irwin. I think it's perhaps
understandable that reading them in that order gives that impression.

I don't know if you realize you were responding to Mr. Thompson's post
and not Tigg's post, but you did and I can prove it from the headers.

From the headers, Mr. Thompson's message ID is

And from your headers:
You can see that you did indeed, reply to the wrong post.

I should not have reacted and I apologize for doing so.

Steve Irwin Carol Needlework 18 September 9th 06 09:18 AM
Who is Steve? starlia Beads 32 May 18th 05 09:36 PM