OT Can we have a roll call.

Old February 4th 09, 12:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

This group is getting less and less postings lately. Just checking on
google it say that there are 938 people subscribed.
We must have a lot of lurkers.
Can we have some to de-lurk and can the regulars sign in.

I am of course Shirley with several aka's One Madame Tassel, Queen of
the Swaps, Founder of Shirley's Spoon Club.

I have many hobbies as some of you will know which includes bead work.
At the moment I am working on the family history. Since both our sons
were born in Malta whilst DH in the Royal Navy. There is no record of
their birth in UK. So I thought anyone trying to do the FH in the
distant future could come unstuck. So I thought I had better set to work
on it while I can.

Since our back garden is still in the throes of a makeover to make it
easier to maintain, I took the pictures down on my web site.
I have replaced them with pictures of the wild robin I tamed to feed
from my hand. Alas though it is with us no more. Keep hoping another
will come bobbing along for me to try my luck with.

So come on lots hear from you and build the ratings back up on this
group.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old February 4th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
BensGirl1998

Hello All,

My name is Kathie Nightingale. I live with my DH and my two sweet
little dachshunds in Victor, New York, which is on the southeast side
of Rochester. This is a wonderful area to live if you are in the
craft business. There are festivals and craft shows every weekend
around here from May to September.

I have lurked in this group for years and always read posts but never
seem to answer much. I work full time at a medical supply company as
the bookkeeper, but my passion is jewelry making. Mostly, I create my
pieces with jump rings, semi-precious stones and Swarovski crystals.
Lately I have been dabbling in chainmaille, with taking classes and
trying to expand my horizons a little. I started my own website a few
months ago, and I plan on hitting the craft show circuit this year
here in the Western NY area, specifically in Rochester.

I have learned a lot from all of you, and I hope to contribute more in
the future.

Regards,
Kathie Nightingale
Website: www.twodoxiesjewelry.com

Old February 4th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Welcome Kathy.
I like your elegant designs.
Good luck with your craft shows.

I am a Jack Russell fan, but we borrow one now from our son.
Shirley

In message
,
BensGirl1998 writes

Old February 4th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Nice website, Kathie! And, being another dog person, I love the name!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 4th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Jerri from Ga. here! Lampworker, wire worker, seed beader, chain
mailler......I'm addicted to it all.

Also known for dressing up Bella the guinea pig, as well as the dog, Spike
and Caesar. I'm still volunteering with the rescue, fostering and helping
with adoptions, and at the moment have a darling beagle/mix (thank goodness
he's got enough mix to lose all the obnoxious beagle behaviour!) The new
guy is Arlo, and you can see him he

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/Arlo2bsm.jpg

And it's freezing cold in Ga. today!!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 4th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

How interesting that there is no record of your sons' birth, Shirley! I was
born in England (My did was Air Force.) but I still got a birth certificate!
Thank goodness, knowing my parents, if I hadn't had one, I'm sure they would
have told me I was hatched!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 4th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

There are records but not in UK.
They have Maltese birth certificates written by hand in lovely
copperplate writing.
I had the foresight to get a copy of each before we left Malta.
They have one and I have one.
There is no record of them in the public record office in London.
They could have had duel nationality but are solely British born of
British parents in a British commonwealth country, as Malta was then.
Shirley

In message , Beadbimbo
writes

Old February 4th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hi Shirley -

I stop by often to read the posts and to check to see that you're okay
(really! I worry about you!) but as I'm not doing anything but
selling beads at the moment, I don't like to just post ads and then
run.

I have very limited time to do any online posting as I was elected
mayor of our little town (very, very little - 850 or so population)
last November, my husband is on the road six weeks at a time training
new truck drivers for the company he works for, which leaves me with
all the household stuff to do myself, and I'm still selling beads on
eBay. Add in several indoor cats and a group of strays outside and
our large veggie garden and several flower gardens that need work year
round, I'm pretty short on time!

I thought of you on Monday when London virtually shut down for the day
because of snow. I was trying to figure out why the Underground was
mostly shut down when the trains run underground. I almost emailed
you to ask about it. I hope you enjoyed seeing the snow and weren't
inconvenienced by it. It seems such a rarity in England these days.

I remember your robin very well - I hope a new one will soon make your
garden its home!

Mj

=================================
Marjean Cline
Halsey Trading Company
eBay ID: ladymorgause
http://stores.ebay.com/Halsey-Tradin...ny?refid=store
=================================

Old February 4th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Hi Shirley.....

Hope you are not totally snowed in. We have a couple of feet of the
stuff over here.

Odd that the Navy didn't see to registering the boys in England, but I
suppose it wasn't needed if Malta was a member of the British
Commonwealth. I shall tuck that tidbit away in case I ever run across
something like that. Our ancestors were mainly British and Scottish,
with a touch of Spanish for good measure. (G)

All the best.....Heather

Old February 4th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
,
writes
Hi Shirley -

I stop by often to read the posts and to check to see that you're okay
(really! I worry about you!)

I am still battling on inspite off having another PAF attack two weeks
ago.
but as I'm not doing anything but
selling beads at the moment, I don't like to just post ads and then
run.

Even posting an Ad is better than not posting at all. It keeps the
number up and you never know someone may want something you have for
sale.

I have very limited time to do any online posting as I was elected
mayor of our little town (very, very little - 850 or so population)

Congratulations Mrs Mayor. I am proud of you.

I thought of you on Monday when London virtually shut down for the day
because of snow. I was trying to figure out why the Underground was
mostly shut down when the trains run underground. I almost emailed
you to ask about it.

Well there are areas where it comes up to the surface. Since it rare I
have been to London I do not know much about it.
We have had the snow here and the state of the roads have been abysmal.
No gritting done.
We managed to get to the super market today for food. More snow promised
tomorrow.

Roll Call Sally Swindells Quilting 46 September 28th 07 08:48 PM
Roll Call Patti S Quilting 0 September 23rd 07 05:01 AM
Roll Call KathyB in West Oz Quilting 2 January 8th 05 04:03 AM
Another Roll Call The Brown Family Quilting 1 January 6th 05 01:33 PM
Roll Call Sherry Starr Quilting 0 January 6th 05 03:50 AM