How does it make you feel?

Old January 5th 04, 09:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

I also (besides shrieking and running) obligate myself. Sometimes that's the
only way I can force myself to DO them. By obligate, I mean I sign up for a
class in whatever it is I want to do. Not only does that pressure me to
actually try (you can't just sit and do nothing in a class), but I learn the
right way to do the Thing.

It's the only thing besides shrieking that's worked for me -- and I have that
lack-of-confidence inertia, too. Pretty bad, in fact.

There is so much I want to do, but them
monsters in my head keep telling me I can't. If anyone has a method of
overcoming
those feelings.. please... tell me. I can see many beautiful things, but I
can not
for the life of me make myself try.

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 09:53 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wanted to try today but them monsters won again.
Harry

I dissagree.You are here, not hiding. I think YOU are winning.

Sarajane

Really good point.

And Sarajane, that cheerleader thing sounds insane -- but it's the sort of
thing that actually WORKS. It gets blood moving, and makes you giggle, and
it's just like my hallway shriek-and-run routine!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 09:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

Diane.... I feel good and want you to know that at no time have I had a bad
feeling towards you or what you wrote.
Absolutely no appoligies are nessasary or needed... I don't see any harm or
wrong done anywhere here.
I will appoligise to you if I in anyway made you feel uncomfortable. Please
forgive.

I'd like to apologize to Roxan and Harry, too, if I made them feel the least
bit uncomfortable or icky. I'm so sorry, guys.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 09:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

You know what?? There are alot of post in here!
Can I leave one post for all in this message? Gonna try.
Even though I am new and hardly know anyone and you hardly know me...
I love each and every one of you and am going to do something new I learned
today!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( GROUP HUG
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are SO cool, Harry!

You know, I was thinking you could use *us* as a lever. Anytime you feel
stuck, you can ask us to cheerlead you out of it -- or holler at you -- or
whatever works!

Just let us know, and we can order you to DO THINGS. We can act like mothers,
or dominatrixes, or Gandalf, or any authority we dream up (plus those
cheerleaders). It can be done in good fun (not serious bossiness), so it won't
feel bad, but it may push your Go button enough to make you *do*. *Then* you'd
have to answer to us, so you'd *have* to complete your "assignment".

Would that help? I'm pretty sure all the crazy broads here would be
willing.........
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 10:00 PM
Shirley Shone

Harry, try drilling on pieces that are not important to start with. If
you make a mess of it, it will not matter.

Now say after me." I am going to make holes in them darned shells. I am
going to do it no matter what the end results are."

So line the little buggers up and give them a good talking to. Tell them
they will love having holes in them.
When you have done that you will be as barmy as me. LOL VBEG.

Shirley ( just having a funny senior moment)

In article , Harry
writes
On 05 Jan 2004 21:00:59 GMT, atspam (Sjpolyclay) wrote:
Thank you and I will give this a try as soon as I possibly can. I am going to
try and attempt drilling some shells tomorrow and see what happens. I guess I
will go from there. Wanted to try today but them monsters won again.
Harry

There is so much I want to do, but them
monsters in my head keep telling me I can't. If anyone has a method of
overcoming
those feelings.. please... tell me

Harry, the only thing that has ever worked for me and my own monsters is to
face 'em direct. When the old tapes of "you can't" and "not good enough" start
to play, don't try to get away; talk back. Re-record your internal soundtrack.
Every time you hear "you can't" try coming at it straight on with a "who
says?" or a "maybe...maybe not--let's see!". You have no proof that you can't
do things, even if you tried and couldn't before. Might as well try! We all
learn by trying and trying some more, not by being fully formed and able and
perfect from the get-go.

My sister and some of our friends turned it into a cheerleading thing. Our
friend B* will jump up and down, doing the flingyarm movements and the
spasm/kicks, chanting "YOU can't DO it! DON'T even TRY!!!", and
sometimes we'll
do it all together. We all get the giggles so bad, because the monster talk is
just absurd in that context.

Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

--
Shirley Shone

Old January 5th 04, 10:03 PM
Harry

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:42:03 -0600, "Diana Curtis" wrote:

Nah, Im not bothered here. Got monsters of my own taking up residency lately
again. Its hard to get them to move out sometimes since some how I make it
so cozy for them.
Im glad we are all settled. I like you, you like me... .. uh ohhhh... i see
a purple dinosaur! Ack!
:-)
more hugs .. hope they warm ya on this very chilly day
Diana

BARNEY!!! Go away! LOL
Old January 5th 04, 10:05 PM
Shirley Shone

Sending you a big hug back.
Shirley

In article , Harry
writes
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:21:34 -0600, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished piece?
Diana

Old January 5th 04, 10:05 PM
Dr. Sooz

People go to their GRAVES clutching the pieces I make!!!!!!!

Natural causes, I presume?

Haw! You are a *wiseacre*. (Maybe I should send you a piece of jewelry)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 10:06 PM
Dr. Sooz

Oh, in that case go ahead with the red pieces you are making for me and I
will
save them until then.

(hoping she laughs at this)

Haw! Guess you don't need any help with those rattlesnakes after all.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM