How does it make you feel?

Old January 5th 04, 08:53 PM
Harry

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:43:23 GMT, "Jalynne" wrote:

Awww, Harry, you're great. I had a couple moments of doubt about you, but you're
fitting in nicely Heck, i have a couple moments of doubt about me every day. I
guess it's an artist/tempermental/mood swing thing...LOL.

The longer you hang around, the more you'll love these people!

Love it here already... great people and great beads.. and let's see... great Paua!
I was getting worried about myself also and that's why I didn't leave my chair for a long time and this is another
reason Harry doesn't own guns! A doctor told me several years ago that if I just sit and wait it will pass, and to
make absolutely sure to NEVER own a gun. He said it is to tempting and to easy and you won't allow yourself time to
think. So I took his advice and it's days like today that reafirm what he meant. Thank you.
Harry

Old January 5th 04, 09:00 PM
Sjpolyclay

There is so much I want to do, but them
monsters in my head keep telling me I can't. If anyone has a method of
overcoming
those feelings.. please... tell me

Harry, the only thing that has ever worked for me and my own monsters is to
face 'em direct. When the old tapes of "you can't" and "not good enough" start
to play, don't try to get away; talk back. Re-record your internal soundtrack.
Every time you hear "you can't" try coming at it straight on with a "who
says?" or a "maybe...maybe not--let's see!". You have no proof that you can't
do things, even if you tried and couldn't before. Might as well try! We all
learn by trying and trying some more, not by being fully formed and able and
perfect from the get-go.

My sister and some of our friends turned it into a cheerleading thing. Our
friend B* will jump up and down, doing the flingyarm movements and the
spasm/kicks, chanting "YOU can't DO it! DON'T even TRY!!!", and sometimes we'll
do it all together. We all get the giggles so bad, because the monster talk is
just absurd in that context.

Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 5th 04, 09:13 PM
Sjpolyclay

Wanted to try today but them monsters won again.
Harry

I dissagree.You are here, not hiding. I think YOU are winning.

Old January 5th 04, 09:22 PM
Sjpolyclay

We all
]learn by trying and trying some more, not by being fully formed and able and
]perfect from the get-go.

thanks, Sarajane!

I didn't use to be willing to make myself try things I wasn't good at. So
limiting.....
I like to keep learning new things because it ultimately feels good, even if
its sometimes very very frustrating. Its less difficult now that I allow myself
to learn without quite so much internal scolding.

Old January 5th 04, 09:28 PM
BeckiBead

People go to their GRAVES clutching the pieces I make!!!!!!!

Oh, in that case go ahead with the red pieces you are making for me and I will
save them until then.

(hoping she laughs at this)

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old January 5th 04, 09:33 PM
Jalynne

ROFL, I can just see you doing this. I'm gonna have to try that. As soon as
possible, even.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 5th 04, 09:42 PM
Diana Curtis

Nah, Im not bothered here. Got monsters of my own taking up residency lately
again. Its hard to get them to move out sometimes since some how I make it
so cozy for them.
Im glad we are all settled. I like you, you like me... .. uh ohhhh... i see
a purple dinosaur! Ack!
:-)
more hugs .. hope they warm ya on this very chilly day
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
"Harry" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:21:34 -0600, "Diana Curtis"

wrote:

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua

shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished

piece?
Diana

Diane.... I feel good and want you to know that at no time have I had a

bad feeling towards you or what you wrote.
Absolutely no appoligies are nessasary or needed... I don't see any harm

or wrong done anywhere here.
I will appoligise to you if I in anyway made you feel uncomfortable.

Please forgive.
Most of my feelings come from my stupid brain and when they mix with my

demented thoughts and the characters playing
around in there things get just a little screwy. I am working hard on

evicting the buggers, but they are stubbon and
aren't willing to move out yet.
Sincerly,
Harry

Old January 5th 04, 09:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

There is so much I want to do, but them
monsters in my head keep telling me I can't. If anyone has a method of
overcoming
those feelings.. please... tell me.

I run up and down the hallway, shrieking.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM