How does it make you feel?

Old January 5th 04, 01:56 AM
Diana Curtis

whoohooooo!
:-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Glorious and giddy!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
http://www.lampwork.net

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua

shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished

piece?
Diana

Old January 5th 04, 02:07 AM
Kandice Seeber

I totally agree with this. It feels so flattering when someone chooses my
beads to work with.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Maybe I'm weird, but when I make things that are to be incorporated into
more finished pieces (like beads or murrini), I feel complemented when
someone chooses to use MY work in THEIR piece. They do not have to use my
items, I'm not the only glassworker out there. But after it leaves my
hands, it becomes part of the other artist's piece and I have no control
over that. Of course it is always nice when my tastes and the jeweler's
tastes are similar so that I like their work, but if our tastes weren't
somewhat similar she probably wouldn't use my beads.
The only time I had any real feelings about the finished piece was when
someone used one of my beads along with some other people's in a gallery
show and gave credit to all the beadmakers but me. Probably just an
oversight, but it still stung a bit.
Oh, and Harry - Rock on with those shells man!
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

If you can't make money, try and make art!

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Well, I try not to look at it as being diminished, but as being

different
from what I personally do with the things I make. If someone gave one

of
my
creations to a child because it was the wrong color....hmmmmm, I am not
sure. I would either be happy for the child, or I might feel the need

explain the kind of work that goes into the piece. I've never had that
happen, so I am not sure how I would feel.
I have seen some of my beads made into things that I didn't feel were

quite
right, but that's a subjective thing. I try to tell myself that this
person's vision of beauty is just different from my own, and not

necessarily
wrong. It's hard, though - a couple of times I just cringed. No one

here,
though!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Actually I've always wonder how an artist feels when the finished

piece
diminished the element she or he created. Or when you make a great

piece
and the giftee gives it to a kid because it's the wrong color or

whatever.
(Something they would not do with a piece of jewelry from a store).

Tina

Old January 5th 04, 04:13 PM
Sjpolyclay

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished piece?
Diana

I love it. Its like being included at a party.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 5th 04, 04:16 PM
Sjpolyclay

I am not sure what you really mean by this. It sounds like a redundant
statement to me. You wouldn't do something you hate to do, if it didn't
please you to see your things as finished pieces you wouldn't do them.

I think she is saying " how do the componant makers/sellers feel seeing the
pieces used by others" at least that's what I got out of the question. Many of
us sell things that get used in larger creations by others.

Old January 5th 04, 05:57 PM
Charlie

Yeah, and I'm an addict getting buy on the cheap stuff because I can't
afford the good stuff! ;-D Just doesn't give you the same high though...

Charlie.

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Kandice Seeber"
:

]I am a bead pusher, because I make beads.

and i am one of your addicts.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The measure of the menace of a man is not what
hardware he carries, but what ideas he believes.-- Jeff Jordan

Old January 5th 04, 06:58 PM
Christina Peterson

You know, SJ, I think that's how I feel using things. Like I'm giving a
party, or celebrating a bead.

Speaking of which, I got my girl beads. They're wonderful, but larger than
I expected, or than I have used before. They're sitting out now, so we can
discuss where they'd like to go celebrate.

In Eskimo carving, the artist works the stone to free the spirit in the rock
so it can show itself. I do my best work when I listen to my materials.
(Sometimes the seem to feel most free to talk surrounded by other material
friends).

Tina

Old January 5th 04, 07:16 PM
Sjpolyclay

You know, SJ, I think that's how I feel using things. Like I'm giving a
party, or celebrating a bead.
Speaking of which, I got my girl beads. They're wonderful, but larger than
I expected, or than I have used before

I'm glad they arrived, sorry the size was a surprise. I leave them sitting
around too---I have some sitting ontop of colored glass bottles, some sitting
in bowls of beads....

Have fun with 'em!!!

Old January 5th 04, 07:40 PM
Dr. Sooz

You always have such a good way of saying things, Celine.

I so agree.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 5th 04, 07:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

If someone gave one of my
creations to a child because it was the wrong color....hmmmmm, I am not
sure. I would either be happy for the child, or I might feel the need to
explain the kind of work that goes into the piece. I've never had that
happen, so I am not sure how I would feel.

People go to their GRAVES clutching the pieces I make!!!!!!!

Haw haw haw haw hawhawhawhaw!!!!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM