World Peace Ribbon Update

Old October 14th 04, 03:08 AM
Karen C - California

Default World Peace Ribbon Update

As you may recall, Craft-Searcher.net sponsored the World Peace Ribbon Project
as a memorial to 9/11. The Ribbon was donated to the International Day of
Peace Vigil, an arm of the United Nations.

The woman at the UN called me immediately upon receipt to thank me for this
"work of art" (her words). She is very involved with Red Cross, 9/11 survivors
support groups, etc., and has taken The Ribbon to many meetings, rallies, etc.
It was on display at the UN for an entire month. She's been after me to come
to the UN for a proper thank you, and, as you know, I've been so sick that for
several years I didn't even get the few miles over the county line, much less
across the country.

So, yesterday, I ate at the UN. She, Mom and I had a nice lunch, got an
official thank you letter with wording based on the UN International Day of
Peace Proclamation, and then we were treated to a trip through the UN gift shop
with the 20% employee discount. Mom and I were definitely treated like
visiting dignitaries, and thanked by everyone we met for "our" efforts on the
World Peace Ribbon.

If any of you who participated in the World Peace Ribbon are in the New York
area next September (or any future September), recall that September 21 is the
International Day of Peace, and on the weekend closest to that date, there will
be a peace rally/vigil near the UN. If you identify yourself as a participant
in the World Peace Ribbon project, and point out your segment of the ribbon,
you will probably get the same Queen for a Day treatment that Mom and I got.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this project!

--
Finished 9/24/04 - Quilt Show
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old October 14th 04, 08:59 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Way to go, Karen! I hope you enjoyed. What a wonderful project!
Dianne

Karen C - California wrote:

As you may recall, Craft-Searcher.net sponsored the World Peace Ribbon Project
as a memorial to 9/11. The Ribbon was donated to the International Day of
Peace Vigil, an arm of the United Nations.

The woman at the UN called me immediately upon receipt to thank me for this
"work of art" (her words). She is very involved with Red Cross, 9/11 survivors
support groups, etc., and has taken The Ribbon to many meetings, rallies, etc.
It was on display at the UN for an entire month. She's been after me to come
to the UN for a proper thank you, [snip]