OT - ideas for DD's 6th birthday present

Old August 6th 04, 12:45 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT - ideas for DD's 6th birthday present

I'll check it out either way.

Currently we are reading the third Harry Potter Book!
Cheryl

On 8/6/04 7:14 AM, in article , "CANDY
CORRIGAN" wrote:

Meredith this is a lovely idea. However, warning to Cheryl, if this is the
Broadway version of several years ago, it is much darker then the book and
IMHO not appropriate to a six year old.

Candy

"Meredith" wrote in message
(I know this is 2 weeks later, but...) A local theater group (
http://www.savoyardlightopera.org/ ) is putting on a production of "The
Secret Garden" in November. Perhaps not a birthday present, but maybe a
holiday one?

Meredith

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/23/04 2:17 AM, in article , "Liz
Hampton" wrote:

BOOKS! ! ! ! ! Even though she's only turning 6, it's not too young

for
books that she can read by herself, or older classics that she can

"read"
together with an adult and then read by herself later. Maybe "Heidi" or
"Little Princess" (two of my personal favorites) or something like

"Aesop's
Fables" or even some smaller silly books that will just make her laugh.
"Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type" is pretty good.
Liz from Humbug

I was thinking about a copy of The Secret Garden. She has a decent list

of
sight words already and has a few she can read to the neighbor's son

(age 3
and she's taught him to write his name!).

Books are not something lacking in this house!

My night reading time is booked for the next year or so - she wanted me

read her the first Harry Potter book, which we started in mid June; we
finished # 2 last night, start #3 tonight. (oh my aching tonsils!)

Cheryl

COMM- MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR YOU LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 December 15th 04 09:39 PM
Beady Birthday Present Beadbimbo Beads 3 November 30th 04 05:14 PM
OT Valerie Shawn's birthday Linda2 Beads 6 July 8th 04 08:54 AM
OT belated birthday greetings Shirley Shone Beads 6 April 3rd 04 07:55 PM
Looking for patterns or ideas Warmhands General Crafting 1 February 17th 04 05:44 AM