A couple of my recent beady non-lampwork thingies

Old September 7th 03, 12:45 PM
laura

"Tink" wrote in message
I was thinking about approaching the Museum gallery shop about these.

Maybe
they would like a series to sell?

Oh, what a cool idea. Go for it!

Laura

Old September 7th 03, 12:58 PM
Beadbimbo

Oooooooooo! I love the beaded beads!!!

And the slide pendants are neat too!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Tink" wrote in message
I rarely show any of my non-lampwork bead-type projects here, but since I
was testing the camera tonight after a good cleaning (major floppy issues:
it's a Mavica) I thought I'd put the results to good use.

Three things on the page: First thing shows a few of the beaded beads I

did.
Bali and Delicas. I love these. Quick enough even for MY short attention
span. LOL!

Second thing is the very first slide pendant I did. You'll notice it has

no
loop on it yet. I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted. I'll get

there.

Final thing is a theme pendant - Vintage sepia image of the Toledo Museum

of
Art, hand colored delicately by me. So delicately, in fact, that the
coloration hardly shows up in the image. On the back side of the pendant

are
two small images of Flo and Eddie. No, not THAT Flo and Eddie. LOL!

Florence
and Edward Drummond Libbey, the Museum's founders. The images are from

their
trip to the pyramids, taken about the same time my house was built. That's

camel that Ed is seated upon. We have floor to ceiling versions of these

in
our living room that we were given by the museum. The text on the back is
the museum's motto. This pendant has not been soldered yet, so you're

seeing
naked copper foil.

http://blackswampglassworks.com/stuff.htm

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old September 7th 03, 04:37 PM
BeckiBead

Tink -- love the beaded beads. Is the Bali sewn on to the beads or is it
loose? I can't tell.

LOVE the slide pendants. I bet you could market the Museum one TO THE MUSEUM
sweetness. Part of your big business plan to expand your business. That is
something an assistant could be trained to do for you.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old September 7th 03, 04:37 PM
BeckiBead

I was thinking about approaching the Museum gallery shop about these. Maybe
they would like a series to sell?

Sorry I should have read all the posts, LMAO

Old September 7th 03, 04:37 PM
Tink

Well thank you! I'm looking forward to spending more time on this kind of
thing. For my own amusement and enjoyment as opposed to business/sales.
Someday. *sigh*

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"CLP" wrote in message
You are one talented lady!

Old September 7th 03, 04:38 PM
BeckiBead

When I have an assistant, I can put them to
work on projects like the slide pendants. *sigh* It will be heavenly!

Great minds think alike. Next time I will read all the posts first, LOL

Old September 7th 03, 10:55 PM
Kandice Seeber

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 7th 03, 11:51 PM
Deirdre S.

Ooohh. I like everything. And I wonder if the hanger would go on
better if it wasn't a ring, but had 'arms' that lay along the top edge
of the pendant, with a 'head' rising between them as a hanging loop?

Much more surface area soldered to the slide that way, and therefore
more stable and less fragile. I have seen 'loops' meant to hang heavy
stained glass panels done this way. You could suit the gauge of the
wire you use to the scale of the slide pendant, I think.

Deirdre

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 07:05:49 GMT, "Tink"
wrote:

[...]

trip to the pyramids, taken about the same time my house was built. That's a

Old September 8th 03, 08:34 AM
Jalynne

those are really cool...and what a great idea!
--
Jalynne

"Charlie" wrote in message
Hey, I was wondering what you thought of this? Seeing your beautiful ones
inspired me to go off and do another of my own. So I picked up the first
magazine I could find and it was an issue dedicated to raising money to
Breast Cancer (the charity's often sell pink stuff to raise money for it)
and they had LOADS of pictures of pink stuff... So here it is!

http://www.lowfidelity.org.uk/Drink_Pink.jpg

I'm happy, because the first thing BF said was "Wow, someone has to buy
that!" I might try sending it to a magazine or something once I've got a
little bit more established for someone to win. I thought that might get me
some media attention. Possibly!

Charlie.