new to group

Old September 20th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Beth[_3_]

Default new to group

lol, good idea!
I actually am working on my first one where I'm not skipping stitches and
the scarf getting more and more narrow! lol
I did see a post from you somewhere. I'm going to check out your website.
Neat thing you do there in Michigan. I am dying to open a yarn shop or
something here. There is nothing!! Jo-ann Fabrics and Walmart, that's
where I go. There are sewing shops and places to get supplies for
needlepoint and things, but no yarn shops right here. It's very weird. Oh,
well. I wish I could win the lottery so I could invest my time in my
hobbies
My husband would love that, as he owns a racecar... lol
One day maybe I'll be able to make things that are wearable. I have the
hardest time counting and keeping patterns straight right now. It's
difficult with things going on around me or the tv on.
"Rick" wrote in message
On Sep 18, 11:02 pm, "Beth" wrote:
Just wanted to say hi.
I am new at crochet. Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting. That's
what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me better.
Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on that
sometime.

Anyhow, name's Beth. Hello all.

Beth,

Hello and welcome. My wife and I both spin wool to yarn. I crochet
(albeit poorly) and do a bit of cross stitch. We own llamas and
Icelandic sheep in sothern Michigan.

I do enjoy crochet. My projects generally are scarves and such. This
allows for uneven ends that turn into "art" where I can add tassles
and such to hide the imperfections of my skill level.

Have fun and enjoy!

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com

Old September 20th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Beth[_3_]

I imagine I would be too. I thought I'd get it but I struggled and
struggled till I finally picked up the crochet hook again. I learned some
when I was a kid, as my grandmother and two aunts crocheted a lot. But I
never bothered to really learn.
Turns out, I read a novel where the main character owned a yarn shop and
learned from her grandmother and all...of course, the story included a lot
of what went on in and around the shop and it got me wanting to learn. I
went to the library and got a good book, but picked up the one for crochet
too. Bought some yarn and the needles for them and started. I kept
dropping my knitting work and even tried a couple of the methods of holding
the yarn. It just didn't click. I will do it again though. I figured
since crochet was easier that learning to knit might come easier once I'm
proficient at crochet. lol Don't know if that logic will work but I've
been happy at least accomplishing something with the one craft.

I will take pointers on both though.
Now that I know a little, I realize I can make some of the pretty stuff that
I thought could only be knit. I always had in my head that crochet was all
old-fashioned looking stuff but have since seen some gorgeous patterns for
contemporary items also. Funny, though, I read somewhere that knitting
takes up less yarn. Someone please help, as my husband has put in request
for a couple of aphgans! I have a feeling that this new hobby's gonna cost
more than my bowling habit. lol

Beth

"LauraJ" wrote in message news:LqSAk.530$8v5.377@trnddc01...
HI Beth and welcome! I have dabbled in crochet but am a knitter at heart.
I struggled at the beginning too but this group came to my rescue and
helped get me on my way. Now I am addicted

LauraJ

m...

Old September 20th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Beth[_3_]

Thanks, Noreen!

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Beth spun a FINE 'yarn':

+Just wanted to say hi.
+I am new at crochet. Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting.
That's what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me
better. Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on
that sometime.
+
+Anyhow, name's Beth. Hello all.
end quoted

Beth. . .

Welcome!
Noreen

--
http://www.paradisefibers.net/KA-Cla...htm&Click=1702

"What hurts you so bad that you feel you have to hurt me in order to heal
it?" fave quote of the day....

Old September 21st 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 21, 12:10*am, "Beth" wrote:
[...]

"Beth" wrote in message
om...
Just wanted to say hi.
I am new at crochet. *Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting.
That's what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me
better. Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on
that sometime.

Anyhow, name's Beth. *Hello all. *- Hide quoted text -

The MAIN thing is to LOVE and enjoy it !!! which you already have , I
do knit , crochet , weave etc have a look at my site
www.fibersiv.israel.net
mirjam
Old September 25th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Beth wrote:
Just wanted to say hi.
I am new at crochet. Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting. That's
what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me better.
Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on that
sometime.

Anyhow, name's Beth. Hello all.

Welcome,
Dennis & Gail
Old September 28th 08, 12:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 25, 8:46*pm, Spike Driver wrote:
Beth wrote:
Just wanted to say hi.
I am new at crochet. *Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting. *That's
what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me better.
Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on that
sometime.

Anyhow, name's Beth. *Hello all. *

Welcome,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis How are you ? how is the HEALING going
mirjam
Old September 29th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 18, 9:02*pm, "Beth" wrote:
Just wanted to say hi.
I am new at crochet. *Hopefully I will one day be new at knitting. *That's
what I set out to do and then found that the crochet hook suits me better..
Knitting is not a natural activity for my hands but I'll get on that
sometime.

Anyhow, name's Beth. *Hello all. *

Hi Beth -- I just wanted to suggest that if you find crocheting easier
to learn, then when you do learn to knit get someone to teach you
"Continental style." It is more similar to crochet (in the way you
hold the yarn) and would be easier than English style to learn if you
are already familiar with crochet.

Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
New to group. Funkytowngirl S Yarn 6 November 29th 05 02:21 PM
new to group zaphod Beads 16 February 25th 05 09:08 PM
Is there a FAQ for this group? Tester Glass 2 March 14th 04 04:44 PM
New to the group? Cher Yarn 2 August 18th 03 08:39 AM