More on centerpull balls

Old October 29th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default More on centerpull balls

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

It's a long journey, half of it on narrow roads, but we insist on
enjoying it whether we like it or not.

We went by a different route this time, even narrower roads on mountain
sides but spectacular - and extremely quiet! We saved twenty miles and half
an hour. that will be the way we go from now.

Nonsense! If her husband is feeling up to doing it, he should... it's a
lot better than laying in bed with nothing to do but think about what may
or may not happen. That's how I handled it when I was told I had
cancer... and that's the way my sister-cousin Linda is handling it now
with her terminal cancer. She was told at the end of April that she had
three months... that would have been the end of July. When she passed
that mark she aimed for the first of Autumn. When that passed, she aimed
for Thanksgiving. Now that it has passed she's aiming for Christmas. She
says if she makes it to Christmas she'll aim for her birthday a few weeks
later... and so on.

Good for her.

I never contemplated 'lying in a darkened room' when I was diagnosed and nor
did my husband when he was - I wouldn't let him :-)

In any case I wish your son-in-law well and will say a prayer for him.

Thank you. He's not too bad but he does tend to be one for taking things
easy at any time, he's frustrated the whole family by that for over twenty
years.

And it will be good to see their 2 year old again, they grow so quickly

Aww, cute age! Enjoy!

We did, buyt he insists on calling me Grandpa and Spouse Grandma ... :-)

Just waiting for my bathwater to run, I've been baking bread in the stone
oven so haven't been able to bathe before now.

mmMMMmm I can smell the freshly baked bread now. )

I can make a month's supply at a time in the stone oven, we're still
enjoying it :-)

The first jumper I knitted for Welsh grandson is now too small for him so
I've pulled it out and shall now go and somehow re-knit it bigger :-)

No matter how much we enjoy being away it's nice to be back!

Mary

Old October 30th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mystified One" wrote in message

I love their sense of timing. I was resting on a Saturday morning when my
son came in and crawled into bed with me. We were both sleeping when the
oldest hollars out MOMAUTUMNTHREWUPALLOVERTHEHIGHCHAIRINTHEKITCHEN which
is the magic phrase to get me up out of bed and moving like a mad woman.
I threw on some clothes real quick, put Autumn in the tub and cleaned her
off, had my oldest hold onto her (clean) while I tackled the mess in the
kitchen. The youngest was crying, oldest whining that she wanted me and
not her, and my son was right next to me in the kitchen asking "what can I
do to help now, Mom?"

I took the high chair outside to be hosed off (it was THAT bad), and was
inside cleaning up the walls, floor, etc. with my son right beside me
helping and doing a great job until he slipped on the wet floor and cut
his leg on the tile. Then HE was crying and needed patching up, the baby
was still crying, oldest was losing patience. I bandaged him up and went
outside to hose off the high chair. THAT was when the JW showed up. She
wanted to talk about God, but God and I were a little busy at the moment
and not in the mood to talk. I got a letter in the mail later. I don't
remember the exact wording, but roughly it went something like this:

Dear Heathen,

Since you were incapable of listening to us when we came to your door, we
feel we have no choice but to pray for your damned and mortal soul.
Should you ever choose to make things right with God, we will welcome you
at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's TERRIBLE! They'd have had a very large piece of my mind on stiff
paper if they'd done that to me.

I ended up on a black list too. We were still moving into our home in
Texarkana when they decided to call, and they asked how we were doing. My
husband said just fine, and added a comment about all the empty boxes we
needed to get rid of. I chimed in about the best boxes for moving were
liquor boxes, and then it occurred to me: Liquor gets packaged much more
carefully than live organs. When I made that comment, they saw an
immediate need to leave and we haven't been visited since either.

I've found a way to get crossed off their list. Tell them you've been
disfellowshipped. Sorta like being excommunicated.....

sue
Old October 30th 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

I've found a way to get crossed off their list. Tell them you've been
disfellowshipped. Sorta like being excommunicated.....

sue

That sounds like a challenge! Don't they attempt to refellowship you?

Mary

Old October 30th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Snipped:
Mary
who's been in deepest Wales for longer than intended due to son in law
being
found at the side of the road, unconscious. All's well now, after a few
days
in hospital.

Mary Fisher. . .
WHAT????????????????????
Noreen
concerned!!!

Not me, son in law. He had lots of scans and was allowed home after a couple
of nights but in the meantime we stayed to look after the animals and make
meals while daughter travelled to the hospital. It's an hour's drive, which
isn't much in US terms but more than one would like in our terms :-)

Philip had gone for a ride on his bike with their strong farm dog on a long
lead attached to the bike. I suspect that he was pulled off but we'll never
know. the roads are very narrow with no footpaths, a couple of farm lads on
their quad bikes found him and called the ambulance - which took an hour to
come but a rapid response car arrived much earlier to make sure that he
wasn't critically injured.

Thanks for your concern but we wouldn't have come home if it had been worse
:-)

Mary

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old October 31st 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Mary
who's been in deepest Wales for longer than intended due to son in law
being found at the side of the road, unconscious. All's well now, after a
few days in hospital.

Oh my goodness, what a scare that had to have been. I'm happy to hear all
is well now though.

Welcome back to rcty, and home, Mary!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 31st 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

It's a long journey, half of it on narrow roads, but we insist on
enjoying it whether we like it or not.

We went by a different route this time, even narrower roads on mountain
sides but spectacular - and extremely quiet! We saved twenty miles and
half an hour. that will be the way we go from now.

Good find... the shorter route. ) I'll bet the view was lovely too.

Nonsense! If her husband is feeling up to doing it, he should... it's a
lot better than laying in bed with nothing to do but think about what may
or may not happen. That's how I handled it when I was told I had
cancer... and that's the way my sister-cousin Linda is handling it now
with her terminal cancer. She was told at the end of April that she had
three months... that would have been the end of July. When she passed
that mark she aimed for the first of Autumn. When that passed, she aimed
for Thanksgiving. Now that it has passed she's aiming for Christmas.
She says if she makes it to Christmas she'll aim for her birthday a few
weeks later... and so on.

Good for her.

Unfortunately, my cousin was put into pallative care at the hospital last
week. We are working on rounding up enough money to make the 3 - 4 hour
trip to see her... hopefully this weekend if we can. I'll be contacting my
oldest sister, who lives about 45 minutes the other side of Toronto, this
week to find out if she and her husband would mind if we go to their place
first and we can all go to see Linda together.

I never contemplated 'lying in a darkened room' when I was diagnosed and
nor did my husband when he was - I wouldn't let him :-)

I didn't either. It was scary at times, and fleeting thoughts of
overwhelming sadness found their way to the surface from time to time, but
for the most part I kept a positive attitude and found myself seeing and
hearing things for the first time all over again. Birds and flowers, and
such.... things we've all come to take for granted as life takes control of
our time... and I've never stopped appreciating those things since that
point in my life.

And it will be good to see their 2 year old again, they grow so quickly

Aww, cute age! Enjoy!

We did, buyt he insists on calling me Grandpa and Spouse Grandma ... :-)

LOL Too cute!

mmMMMmm I can smell the freshly baked bread now. )

I can make a month's supply at a time in the stone oven, we're still
enjoying it :-)

You must freeze it then to make sure it doesn't go stale or mouldy, right?

The first jumper I knitted for Welsh grandson is now too small for him so
I've pulled it out and shall now go and somehow re-knit it bigger :-)

I'm sure the sweater will be beautiful, and made with love. )

No matter how much we enjoy being away it's nice to be back!

Isn't that the truth? When we went to British Columbia to visit my second
sister, and Matthew and I saw the Rocky Mountains for the first time, it was
spectacularly gorgeous, and I am very glad that we got to see them.
However, after being there about 1 1/2 weeks I started feeling
claustrophobic being in the valley surrounded by mountains and not being
able to see the horizon anywhere I looked. When we left and came out of the
mountains in Alberta, I actually breathed a very deep sigh of relief and was
glad to see the mountains in the rear-view mirror of the car. When we
finally got home (after a week at my brother's in the flatland of
Saskatchewan) to Ontario, where we have a variety of layouts of land, it
felt sooooo good.... even though when I went into the bathroom when we came
in the house I discovered that the water heater had burst and flooded the
floor. It was upsetting, yes... but to sleep in our own beds that night was
very relaxing... best sleep we had in a month. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 31st 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message

I apologize for not catching the thread earlier, I really knew nothing
about
your soninlaw, and now that I DO, I feel even worse!
Noreen

No apologies needed, please don't feel bad - he doesn't :-)

Mary

Old October 31st 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Mary
who's been in deepest Wales for longer than intended due to son in law
being found at the side of the road, unconscious. All's well now, after a
few days in hospital.

Oh my goodness, what a scare that had to have been. I'm happy to hear
all is well now though.

Welcome back to rcty, and home, Mary!

Thanks, I think I've almost recovered - all the laundry done and stuff
packed away, orders seen to, now we can get on with our own lives!

While I was away I knitted a striped cotton sweater from my stash, i didn't
use a pattern so it's not perfect but it kept my hands occupied and not
wringing necks :-)

Mary

Temari Balls Terbear Quilting 22 February 7th 06 07:34 AM
Odd balls Ophelia Yarn 49 September 9th 04 08:48 AM
How to craft new balls for me ? Karl Reitlos Pottery 6 February 6th 04 04:34 PM
OT y now Silver Balls Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 0 December 16th 03 01:07 PM
Just golf balls! Kim McAnnally Needlework 1 July 25th 03 06:48 PM