hat sizing

Old May 20th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default hat sizing

Hi Lisa: I got this information for Stephanie Pearl McPhee's book
Knitting Rules.
Basic lengths of hats (without a roll up brim)

Length of hat from cast on edge to where you begin decreases for the
brim:

Baby 5" or 13 cm
Toddler 5 1/2" or 14 cm
Child 6" or 15 cm
Sm Adult 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 " or 16 to 19 cm
Lg Adult 7 1/2 to 8 1/2" or 19 to 22 cm

Hope that helps
Marie and the cats

Old May 20th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Oh, thank you, Marie! This is *exactly* what I wanted to know. I'll print
it out and keep it in my knitting bag as a reference.

Better yet, buy the book: it's reasonably priced and has a good number
of sections of handy info like those hat lengths.

VP

Old May 20th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Lisa: I got this information for Stephanie Pearl McPhee's book
Knitting Rules.
Basic lengths of hats (without a roll up brim)

Length of hat from cast on edge to where you begin decreases for the
brim:

Baby 5" or 13 cm
Toddler 5 1/2" or 14 cm
Child 6" or 15 cm
Sm Adult 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 " or 16 to 19 cm
Lg Adult 7 1/2 to 8 1/2" or 19 to 22 cm

Hope that helps
Marie and the cats

Oh, thank you, Marie! This is *exactly* what I wanted to know. I'll print
it out and keep it in my knitting bag as a reference. Considering how small
this particular hat I'm making is I'll probably just go with 5-5 1/2" before
I start my decreases. Thanks for taking the time to look this up and post
it for me!!

Lisa

Old May 20th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh, thank you, Marie! This is *exactly* what I wanted to know. I'll
print
it out and keep it in my knitting bag as a reference.

Better yet, buy the book: it's reasonably priced and has a good number
of sections of handy info like those hat lengths.

Good idea! I've seen it at Michael's craft store before so it might be the
very thing I use my 40% off coupon on.
:-)

lisa

VP

Old May 21st 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I got my copy at Barnes and Nobles. Just in time to see Stephanie
at the Fiber Factory on one of her tours and she autographed my book
for me! On the inside cover she wrote "yarn obsession is normal".
Heh heh
It does have a lot of good information in it. The book has
chapters devoted to hats, mittens, shawls, socks, sweaters etc. and
tips on how to figure out sizes, how much yarn is needed and the best
type/size needles to use. It really is a good reference book.
Marie and the cats

On May 20, 3:50 pm, "Karlisa" wrote:
"Vintage Purls" wrote in message

ups.com... Oh, thank you, Marie! This is *exactly* what I wanted to know. I'll
print
it out and keep it in my knitting bag as a reference.

Better yet, buy the book: it's reasonably priced and has a good number
of sections of handy info like those hat lengths.

Good idea! I've seen it at Michael's craft store before so it might be the
very thing I use my 40% off coupon on.
:-)

lisa

VP- Hide quoted text -

Old May 21st 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

On May 20, 3:20 pm, "
wrote:
Hi Lisa: I got this information for Stephanie Pearl McPhee's book
Knitting Rules.
Basic lengths of hats (without a roll up brim)

Length of hat from cast on edge to where you begin decreases for the
brim:

Baby 5" or 13 cm
Toddler 5 1/2" or 14 cm
Child 6" or 15 cm
Sm Adult 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 " or 16 to 19 cm
Lg Adult 7 1/2 to 8 1/2" or 19 to 22 cm

Hope that helps
Marie and the cats

Ooo great info! Thanks Marie!
Wendy

Ring sizing [email protected] Jewelry 3 February 18th 06 08:47 PM
Sizing v. Starch joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 12 March 16th 05 09:50 PM
bracelet sizing, and beads :) Arleen Beads 9 February 19th 04 11:25 PM
hat sizing help bibe Yarn 16 January 25th 04 02:04 AM
need help with pattern sizing quickly no spam Sewing 2 January 23rd 04 04:09 PM