Quiet here today

Old May 6th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Quiet here today

Is everybody busy outside?

It's raining here (but badly needed), so I can't really complain. I've
started some tomato plants which I will set outside in approximately 3
weeks, and have planted two rows of peas.

I have golf on TV (love it), and will likely spend the evening knitting on
socks and a shawl.

What's happening with the rest of the RCTY world???

Shelagh

Old May 6th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Hi Shelagh!

On May 6, 11:51 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

It is lovely in my corner of the world at present. I took the
oppotunity to wash some fleece and I've been carding like a demon
(though it doesn't feel as if I'm getting through the stacks to be
done very fast).

I'm motivated to get through my currently unprocessed fleece as I've
just purchased some more (which I most deifnitely wasn't supposed to
do). $5 for over a kilo of merino - how is a girl supposed to resist
that!

weeks, and have planted two rows of peas.

Fresh peas - divine. Puts me in mind to sow some more myself.

Have a great weekend.

VP

Old May 6th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Shillelagh wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is this weekend.

=Tamar
Old May 6th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article ,
Shillelagh wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is this weekend.

=Tamar

How lovely for those of you who live in the area.... I wish I was there
(smile).

Shelagh

Old May 6th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Trying to finish a baby blanket before the new arrival gets here!
The new arrival will belong to a young man at work and his wife, not
to me!
Also have sifted through the sock yarn stash a gazillion times but
can't seem to decide on a particular yarn or pattern. I'm leaning
towards a shell stitch and one of the self striping yarns. Or maybe
a sock pattern a friend sent me with one of the pretty solid coloured
Wensleydale wools she also sent ( she sent me 8 balls of different
colours! ).......or maybe that new vividly coloured Trekking yarn that
just came out: got one with shades of greens and burnt oranges.
Would also like to try one of the new Tofutsies yarns that I bought
recently, have the bright pink, the bright rainbow stripey one and the
other ball has pinks and greens varigated. I feel like I need to grow
a few extra pairs of hands so I can knit them all at once LOL .
Marie and the cats

Old May 6th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 6 Maj, 01:51, "Shillelagh" wrote:

What's happening with the rest of the RCTY world???

I had my vernissage yesterday (Sat.) and SOLD 2 ARTWORKS already!!!
Yes, I am one happy Erin today, oh yeah baby!!! :-)

I think I posted a while ago about making these:
http://www.quiltingarts.com/qamag/treasures.html but using felt I made
from merino wool instead of from quilted fabrics. Anyway, I used
several different shades of wool and then added decorative yarns using
my Babylock Embellisher machine. Then I sewed on beads for highlights.
I sold one of these yesterday to an art teacher who teaches at the
local gymnasieskola (like a high school in U.S.).

I also sold a small quilted wallhanging that I had decorated with
beads and copper wire. I've only been showing my work for about 5
years (although I've sewn, embroidered, etc for almost 40 years) and I
feel like last year was the first year people started really *getting
it* about my work. I use traditional techniques but with a modern
twist and I think some older people found that confusing.

Erin

Old May 7th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Shillelagh wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

It's raining here (but badly needed), so I can't really complain. I've
started some tomato plants which I will set outside in approximately 3
weeks, and have planted two rows of peas.

I have golf on TV (love it), and will likely spend the evening knitting on
socks and a shawl.

What's happening with the rest of the RCTY world???

Shelagh

Shelagh,
I was ready to ask the same question, postings have been slow. Hope all
is ok with every one.

I just finished the knit afghan for the needy in Rockford, IL the local
group supports. It takes a long time to knit an afghan that has a
pattern in it. I will get out the USM or crochet the rest.

I can now finish Ava's pink socks I started over 6 weeks ago.

I have noticed our group here get very slow in the summer months, they
must have a few good summer activities. That is how the last several
summers have went.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old May 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 5, 7:51 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Is everybody busy outside?

It's raining here (but badly needed), so I can't really complain. I've
started some tomato plants which I will set outside in approximately 3
weeks, and have planted two rows of peas.

I have golf on TV (love it), and will likely spend the evening knitting on
socks and a shawl.

What's happening with the rest of the RCTY world???

Well, I am studying Biblical Greek. I spend 2.5 hours a day in class,
and
another 3 - 6 hours doing homework and studying. I am not knitting
very
much at all. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 17th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default thursday morning was Quiet here today

Good morning all , looking from the window i first thought the whole
country mopoved to North Europe , Gray clouds Rain , Greener than
usual leaves ????????????? cold ,,,,,,, HALLOO This used to be Asia
???? where is my sun , my warmth ?????????
Cat refuses to go out , i opened the door he looks at me with this
`YouGo if you want to get Your paws wet .!`
Besides this we make preparations for an Knitting Exhibion in
September , text is ready most works have been seen or discussed ,
more details will come ,,, i am now knitting the text [ names in
Hebrew and English ] that i hope to turn into the Invitation picture
as well as use as part of a display i prepare ,,,
mirjam

Old May 17th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Good morning all , looking from the window i first thought the whole
country mopoved to North Europe , Gray clouds Rain , Greener than
usual leaves ????????????? cold ,,,,,,, HALLOO This used to be Asia
???? where is my sun , my warmth ?????????

Global weather changes abound, huh? We've been having a mixture of weather
here. Hot and dry one day, then damp and cold the next. The other day it
was really cold in the morning, then suddenly within about an hour it had
become really hot and humid... later that day just after supper we had
massive thunderstorms that looked like tornado weather. In fact yesterday
on the way home from the hospital (nothing serious, just my yearly checkup
on my Barett's Esophegus to make sure no cancer has set in) Matthew and I
passed by a field that had nine hydro poles (with power lines still
attached) laying down... very weird. No wonder people are getting sick,
they aren't sure how to dress.

Cat refuses to go out , i opened the door he looks at me with this
`YouGo if you want to get Your paws wet .!`

LOL I really had a good laugh at that. My dogs give me the same look when
I try to get them to go outside in the rain. 'Yeah, I don't think so! I'll
just stay right here inside where it's dry thank you very much!'

Besides this we make preparations for an Knitting Exhibion in
September , text is ready most works have been seen or discussed ,
more details will come ,,, i am now knitting the text [ names in
Hebrew and English ] that i hope to turn into the Invitation picture
as well as use as part of a display i prepare ,,,

You certainly are a busy lady, Mirjam. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Is it really this quiet? Shillelagh Yarn 66 January 19th 07 03:04 PM
Quiet in here today BDS2pds Needlework 11 April 30th 04 02:38 PM
Quiet today Jalynne Beads 28 December 18th 03 05:11 AM
No wonder it's so quiet here today!! OT angela Beads 48 August 18th 03 04:27 PM
OT Will be quiet here Pat in Virginia Quilting 17 July 27th 03 03:41 AM