I got a pasta machine:)

Old September 18th 04, 10:37 PM
~Candace~

Default I got a pasta machine:)

I went out today, looking for the best consignment, thrift, and flea market
deals on clothes for the kids, and I ended up scoring a pasta machine! The
seller initially wanted ten bucks for it, and I had to pass, saying I could
really only spend 5 on that item. After she was done ringing up all of my
kids' clothes, she plopped the pasta machine down on the table and said
"Here's you can have it--it's yours. I've had it forever, and you're the
only person to ever even ask about one, so take it. You spent plenty on
clothing."

WOOHOO!

Oh, and Starlia--I still want to do those handles for you--even without
getting a pasta machine in the bargain--you've done plenty for me, so it's
the least I could do, methinks

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 18th 04, 10:46 PM
JoAnn Paules

Yippee!!! Way to go Candace!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"~Candace~" wrote in message
m...
[...]

---

Old September 19th 04, 12:01 AM
Cheri2Star

Oh man, that is so COOL!

Cheri - jealous
Old September 19th 04, 12:10 AM
Diana Curtis

So many things done in clay are SOOOO much easier with a pasta machine.. way
to go.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

m...

Old September 19th 04, 12:14 AM
Jalynne

OOOH OOOOH, now you get to do Skinner blends!!!!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

m...

Old September 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Su/Cutworks

Jalynne wrote:

OOOH OOOOH, now you get to do Skinner blends!!!!

Would you use those to cover a Skinner box?

-Su

Old September 19th 04, 12:57 AM
Su/Cutworks

Diana wrote:

What, pray tell, is a skinner box?

A piece of lab apparatus named after the behaviorologist B F Skinner.
There's an urban legend that he raised his daughter in a box as an
experiment, and from that mistaken concept came the phrase for people who
aren't well-socialized that they'd been 'raised in a Skinner box'.

For an interesting read on Skinner, his daughter and the box try this:

http://www.snopes.com/science/skinner.asp

-Su

Old September 19th 04, 01:21 AM
Stephanie

OOOEEEOOO there sure is alot of serendipity and coincidence surrounding your PC
beginings. It's meant to be you know! I can see you comming across a torch at a
yard sale...

..Stephanie..

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes
from within. It is there all the time. Anna Freud

Old September 19th 04, 01:29 AM
Diana Curtis

I had a feeling it had to do with BF Skinner, but hadnt heard of that
rumored box. The actual contraption he did build for his daughter sounds
interesting, but weird.
Thanks for the explanation.
Diana